01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - V4.40.010 build200430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for me FW v4.40.010 broke the notifications.
I'm using a 7716NI I4 NVR with a sensor which connects to NVR input 1. This is set to trigger a notification for 4 camera channels.
When using the newer Android app v4.40.0430 I only get a single notification, when I previously got 4. Also the playback from the notification does not work.
When using the older Android app v3.x? I no longer get any notifications with this newer firmware.

I'm going back to the older firmware now. This is really crap that Hikvision is releasing without testing properly!

Gone back to previous fw now and cant get any notifications working at all... Looks like I'm stuck with the new fw....

Last edited:
OK guys, I noticed that all of my intrusion detection alerts were gone since upgrading to this NVR firmware. I could walk through any of my 8 zones and set off line detection, but it was like intrusion detection was gone. So I found a fix. On each camera, I cleared all boxes under intrusion detection, redrew the detection area, min box, and max box, and saved it. They are all working properly again.

I have no idea why just intrusion detection would go crazy, but hopefully this helps.

OK guys, I noticed that all of my intrusion detection alerts were gone since upgrading to this NVR firmware. I could walk through any of my 8 zones and set off line detection, but it was like intrusion detection was gone. So I found a fix. On each camera, I cleared all boxes under intrusion detection, redrew the detection area, min box, and max box, and saved it. They are all working properly again.

I have no idea why just intrusion detection would go crazy, but hopefully this helps.

For me this is a different problem as all the alarms were working normally, locally and being sent to the app but no longer as push notifications, regardless of the setting "Events only", "Events and push" in the app. I've now got this working again and for me it seems to have been caused by a conflict between the Hikvision Hik Connect app and the Pyronix Pro Control app on my phone. Both can be used for both Hikvision systems and Pyronix alarm monitoring which I use and unfortunately both have several different bugs!

The Hikvision app was logged in to my account whereas the Pyronix was logged out (they use the same Hik Connect account) Logging in to the Pyronix app restored push notifications to both. I've now left Pyronix logged in and disabled notifications in it to avoid duplicate events, which has left Hik Connect working correctly with push notifications.

The new issue that may be this firmware or the Hik Connect app is the inability to play back or live view alarm input events from the notifications list which was always previously possible. I've attached screenshots of a smart event and an alarm input event so you can see that the link to the triggered camera has been broken. I'll put up a separate post about this at some point as it may solely be a Hik Connect issue that has nothing to do with the specific NVR firmware detailed in this thread.

IMG_2520.PNG
IMG_2521.PNG

All of my event notifications look like your top one, but I've never seen one that says "IO Alarm" - what is that?

All of my event notifications look like your top one, but I've never seen one that says "IO Alarm" - what is that?

They are the wired alarm inputs on the rear of the NVR. When you get sick and tired of constantly tweaking line crossing and intrusion to avoid false alerts you eventually revert to using a good old PIR wired in to provide a bit more reliability

Thanks JB. Good luck sorting out your problem. By the way, the issue I describe above is not the first instance. Several firmware upgrades ago the same problem came up with either line or intrusion detection zones suddenly not working, and needing to be re-entered.

Hi all, i am sorry for the newbie question but is IPC on the first 2 new features for specific cameras, I suppose I am asking What is IPC?

Another firmware bug found in this version

On the local GUI, if you deselect "Audio and Light Alarm Linkage" in the linkage action tab of an event and Apply, it correctly deselects that function in camera (on supported models). However when you leave that screen on the local GUI and then return to it, the box has a tick in it again. It thankfully doesn't re enable the action in camera, but the box shows a tick on the local GUI and this cannot be deselected permanently.

Hello Everyone

Just came across the new firmware for the I Series V4.40.15 Build 200616

An the release notes are also attach.

Hmmm. Strange that. The previous version 4.40.10 has been removed. Looking at the release notes I can't see any difference in them to the ones that were published with 4.40.10. I've just updated. I doubt I'll be lucky and it will sort out my Abnormal Shutdown issues...

Edit: Well - diagnosing my Abnormal Shutdown issues will have gotten more difficult now. Following the update it appears that "Local: Abnormal Shutdown" no longer exists as a possible event. It doesn't appear under Operation, Exception, Information or anywhere else

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back