01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - V4.40.015 build200616

Upgraded to V4.40.015 build200616 firmware last week and all went without any hitches and has been working fine.
Yesterday I decided to do a manual restart via the NVR GUI and now I’m getting “Not Enough Network Bandwidth“ error message and lost one of my IP cameras :(
if I restart again the fault moves to another IP camera and I lose connection to the IP camera via local and remote viewing..

very odd considering my setup has been working fine for the past year...

can I roll back to a previous version ?

Attachments

• A3AFAC42-9259-4277-BB84-05CD04DDEC96.jpeg
    A3AFAC42-9259-4277-BB84-05CD04DDEC96.jpeg
    747.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 28F0BCA3-E412-4B8F-A5FD-8FA4BC34FE13.jpeg
    28F0BCA3-E412-4B8F-A5FD-8FA4BC34FE13.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 313
How did you get this on a K series I have an 8p K series running the last version V4.22.000 build 190821 but cant take it to anyother as i was aware hik pulled the k series from gui 4

My wrote my post before the new K2 specific v4.30.005 E-IU firmware was released, so it's actually a bit redundant now.
However, at the time, I simply downloaded the standard I-series firmware, V4.40.015 build200616 , and did a local update via the browser interface onto my factory default K2/P1. It accepted the firmware, and has been running without problems since.

So, I'm now actually running my 3 K2/P1 units on 3 different versions of f/w - v3.4.112, v4.30.005, and V4.40.015. I only access them via the web browser - so for me the biggest change with V4 f/w is the Hikvision browser plugin update to make it compatible with modern browsers. That, and the fact that Hikvision seemed to have disabled the ability to use various functionality (especially motion detection) from non-hikvision cameras.

Thanks, I tried "litedev.sgp.hik-connect.com"
But my NVR changed it to "litedev.eu.hik-connect.com"...
Anyway it works and my IP address updates within the hik connect cloud now.

Unfortunately the alarm input notifications are still not playable from the hik connect app.

Yes the alarm input notifications are broken (for the physical inputs wired to the NVR) When an alarm comes through from one of the wired inputs both the playback and live view option are greyed out (even though the image is there)

Also the alarm inputs are no longer identified individually, so you just see "IO Alarm" whereas previously it identified which input it was. This was handy as I get the notifications on my Apple Watch and didn't need to open the app on my phone to see which input had fired.

Upgraded to V4.40.015 build200616 firmware last week and all went without any hitches and has been working fine.
Yesterday I decided to do a manual restart via the NVR GUI and now I’m getting “Not Enough Network Bandwidth“ error message and lost one of my IP cameras :(
if I restart again the fault moves to another IP camera and I lose connection to the IP camera via local and remote viewing..

I had the same - i just plugged in 1 at a time, and reduced the quality. Once you have them all online, push up the quality again until you find the breaking point, I did this. My issue is badly terminated cabling.

hikvisions firmware updates are a joke!
They often break more things than they fix.
We'll have to wait patiently for the next release to see what other features can be broken..

I had the same - i just plugged in 1 at a time, and reduced the quality. Once you have them all online, push up the quality again until you find the breaking point, I did this. My issue is badly terminated cabling.

Thanks for the tip but we should not have to do this for incremental updates... I rolled it back to the previous version in the end and lost all my account settings and had to reconfigure from a fresh install.

I thought Hikvision had sorted out the firmware updates, in future I'll let someone else take the risk and stay with V4.22.005 build 191208

Having the same issues here after the first time of ever updating the FW.
How do you roll back the FW?

Having the same issues here after the first time of ever updating the FW.
How do you roll back the FW?
Backup current settings - do the upgrade with a lower version firmware.
You may want to look for my other post, how I dealt with it, it may or may not work for you

I thought the requirement for the plugin to use live view and playback in Edge was removed with v4-40-015-build200616?

On both this and the previous firmware build I now have an issue where when I try to view the "HD" or main stream using either a browser or the Hik-connect app, I only get video for about 1 second and then it freezes. the Other "SD" streams play without a hitch and also if I log directly into the (8MP) camera via the Virtual Host (port 6500x) I can view the main stream in the browser without any problem.

Hi @rickwookie

We tested this ourself with a 2385 turret connected to our 7716NI-I4 NVR and we saw a very similar problem and we hadn't had problems streaming 8MP cameras from this NVR before so we assumed it was probably related to an update in one of the recent v4 firmwares. We took this issue to Hikvision support, they asked to remote access our NVR to take a look at the issue and after some fiddling with many settings the stream did improve but to make this improvement as you will see from the Hik Support response below they had to drop the resolution:

From the test, we can see the stream freezing issue can be solved by lowering the camera resolution, which means the issue comes from the network environment. I would suggest the customer lower the mainstream resolution and change the encoding format to H.264. If he insists to live view 8 MP video on Hik-Connect, he can configure DDNS which can improve the video. Please find the relevant how-to document in the attachment.

Obviously, lowering the resolution is not a great solution (especially when they had to drop it to 720p to stream smoothly) and so for the time being if you absolutely need the 8MP resolution on the mobile app you will have to port forward your NVR and add it to the app with DDNS, you can do this using the documents attached.

We were not happy with this answer and we asked that they pass this on to their R&D team because I assured them we have not had problems streaming 2385 and other 8MP cameras through this NVR on earlier firmware and that the problem has only appeared when a recent firmware was installed. (we are not 100% sure which version introduced the problem as we are a version behind v4.40.015) Hopefully, they will investigate further and solution will be introduced in a later firmware update.

Attachments

• How to Open Ports in Router.pdf
    803.6 KB · Views: 790
  • How to use Hik-Connect Domain in Hik-Connect APP.pdf
    777.3 KB · Views: 397
Hi @rickwookie

We tested this ourself with a 2385 turret connected to our 7716NI-I4 NVR and we saw a very similar problem and we hadn't had problems streaming 8MP cameras from this NVR before so we assumed it was probably related to an update in one of the recent v4 firmwares. We took this issue to Hikvision support, they asked to remote access our NVR to take a look at the issue and after some fiddling with many settings the stream did improve but to make this improvement as you will see from the Hik Support response below they had to drop the resolution:

From the test, we can see the stream freezing issue can be solved by lowering the camera resolution, which means the issue comes from the network environment. I would suggest the customer lower the mainstream resolution and change the encoding format to H.264. If he insists to live view 8 MP video on Hik-Connect, he can configure DDNS which can improve the video. Please find the relevant how-to document in the attachment.

Obviously, lowering the resolution is not a great solution (especially when they had to drop it to 720p to stream smoothly) and so for the time being if you absolutely need the 8MP resolution on the mobile app you will have to port forward your NVR and add it to the app with DDNS, you can do this using the documents attached.

We were not happy with this answer and we asked that they pass this on to their R&D team because I assured them we have not had problems streaming 2385 and other 8MP cameras through this NVR on earlier firmware and that the problem has only appeared when a recent firmware was installed. (we are not 100% sure which version introduced the problem as we are a version behind v4.40.015) Hopefully, they will investigate further and solution will be introduced in a later firmware update.
It's also largely nonsense from what I can see, since I get the issue both connecting via Hik-Connect AND via a local LAN connection (directly to NVR_IP_ADDRESS:8000) and also on the local LAN via the web interface.

Also, the idea that I should now accept that the I-series no longer supports live-view of the my 8MP cameras is ridiculous!

I have three 8MP cams (one 2385 turret and two 2185 domes) that all may as well be <1MP right now when trying to live view.

New version has appeared here V4.40.016

Release notes list three fixes.
1.Fix the problem of insufficient NVR power supply caused by high-power camera access.
2.Fix the problem that the NVR motherboard has a small probability that some slots cannot recognize the hard disk.
3. Fixed the problem that the HCP platform could not receive People Counting IP camera alarms.

Who's brave enough to try the latest firmware first. I'm hoping it fixes a few more problems than they mention.
Maybe the release notes should show what it breaks.

Who's brave enough to try the latest firmware first. I'm hoping it fixes a few more problems than they mention.
Maybe the release notes should show what it breaks.

I was about to say the same thing. I've just loaded it but I'm at the point where I have issues with Hik Connect, I series firmware and G3 firmware and it's not clear where the issues lie.

I’ve had issues from ANPR showing previews of anything but the Reg plates (normally the floor), to terrible jitter and unusable lag on the app using 2385 camera’s (there the only ones I have other then the ANPR’s)this was on 4.22.010 and 4.22.015. Rolled back to 4.22.005 A few days ago and everything is much much better, it disabled the notification in the app so I thought push notifications wasn’t working for a day or two but checked it was disabled in the app for some reason and now all good.

looking forward to see if it works for other people though but 4.22.005 has been the most stable for me.

Upgraded to 4.40.016 and it seems as though even more has stopped working. Jittering/stream stopping issue on our R0 series domes persists. Reverted back to 4.22.005 and HikConnect has now completely stopped working, despite trying everything to get it working again. Seems as though there are some other threads on this from recently so not sure if it is specific to this firmware update but it did start as soon as I updated. Anyone else having this problem?

I had issues in version...010 and ...015. Each time I deleted my device within the app and then added again via qr scanning within the app and each time it then worked until I did a lot of tinkering with camera again.

Back