01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - V4.40.015 build200616

I installed version .016 yesterday and don’t appear to have any issues with 6 x G1 cameras attached. Hik-Connect appears to be working without any issues too.

I installed version .016 yesterday and don’t appear to have any issues with 6 x G1 cameras attached. Hik-Connect appears to be working without any issues too.

Interesting, G1 cameras here running 5.6.5 (I confused them for R0 before) are the ones exhibiting issues, newest G3 cameras appear fine as do other models. What I don't understand about the Hik-Connect issues is it started as soon as I loaded .016, no matter what it status appears "offline" in the NVR even after reverting to any fw version. Reassuring to hear someone has it working though. Which version were you running before?

To add my app worked fine with .015 and 2385 camera I had terrible lag on the app and stutter and freezing

Just had my first cctv system delivered. According to the box, my I-series NVR has firmware V4.40.015_200616.
Should I upgrade to the latest .016, leave as is, or even downgrade to an earlier firmware if people are finding less problems with earlier firmware?
I currently have 2 x 4mp ColorVu (with mic) to install and awaiting stock of 2xAcusense 4mp to be sent (if this makes any difference to the best firmware).

Hi @rickwookie

We tested this ourself with a 2385 turret connected to our 7716NI-I4 NVR and we saw a very similar problem and we hadn't had problems streaming 8MP cameras from this NVR before so we assumed it was probably related to an update in one of the recent v4 firmwares. We took this issue to Hikvision support, they asked to remote access our NVR to take a look at the issue and after some fiddling with many settings the stream did improve but to make this improvement as you will see from the Hik Support response below they had to drop the resolution:

From the test, we can see the stream freezing issue can be solved by lowering the camera resolution, which means the issue comes from the network environment. I would suggest the customer lower the mainstream resolution and change the encoding format to H.264. If he insists to live view 8 MP video on Hik-Connect, he can configure DDNS which can improve the video. Please find the relevant how-to document in the attachment.

Obviously, lowering the resolution is not a great solution (especially when they had to drop it to 720p to stream smoothly) and so for the time being if you absolutely need the 8MP resolution on the mobile app you will have to port forward your NVR and add it to the app with DDNS, you can do this using the documents attached.

We were not happy with this answer and we asked that they pass this on to their R&D team because I assured them we have not had problems streaming 2385 and other 8MP cameras through this NVR on earlier firmware and that the problem has only appeared when a recent firmware was installed. (we are not 100% sure which version introduced the problem as we are a version behind v4.40.015) Hopefully, they will investigate further and solution will be introduced in a later firmware update.
I appear to be stuck with this broken firmware now, as I can neither upgrade to NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.016_200803 nor downgrade (I've tried NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.22.005_200327).

Via the (otherwise working) web interface I get to about 33% and then get "Upgrading failed" every time, and trying the TFTP method the NVR just seems to get stuck in a reboot loop:
2020-10-22 (1).png

If I then shut down the TFTP server and power-cycle the NVR, it eventually comes back up unchanged - stuck on this crappy firmware but unable to ever get off it.

Latest update v4.40.016 build 200902 still having the issue of Hik-Connect "offline" - tried just about every possible troubleshooting step!

I appear to be stuck with this broken firmware now, as I can neither upgrade to NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.016_200803 nor downgrade (I've tried NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.22.005_200327).

Via the (otherwise working) web interface I get to about 33% and then get "Upgrading failed" every time, and trying the TFTP method the NVR just seems to get stuck in a reboot loop:
View attachment 4581

If I then shut down the TFTP server and power-cycle the NVR, it eventually comes back up unchanged - stuck on this crappy firmware but unable to ever get off it.

I had read that the Hikvision TFTP server cannot handle large firmware files so that might be your issue. You can't use a different TFTP server either as this is customised. So an option might be to downgrade to a much earlier version (ie smaller file) and then upgrade vis the Web interface to the version you want.

I had read that the Hikvision TFTP server cannot handle large firmware files so that might be your issue. You can't use a different TFTP server either as this is customised. So an option might be to downgrade to a much earlier version (ie smaller file) and then upgrade vis the Web interface to the version you want.
You mean like a really old V3 firmware? How small does it need to be?

Also, if I did go back to say V3.3.4 (NVR_Hi3536_BL_EN_STD_V3.3.4_150715.zip - 23.52MB), would I be able to upgrade directly back to a recent V4 firmware using the web interface, or would I need to go via an intermediate firmware?

I believe the Hikvision TFTP server requires the firmware to be under 30 MB, so likely yes you have to go back to a very early version via this mechanism (which will reset the NVR to default), and you can then upgrade again once you gain access.

I had 4.22.005 on until an hour ago tried to upgrade to the 2mp version of 4.40.016, then normal version of 4.40.016 then tried normal version of 4.40.015 and all of them had my unit offline despite my PC able to talk to it and it send test emails, each time I uploaded the confit file I saved before I started but it still want sort it. I checked all the setting as posts on here and checked the serial number was correctly listed at www.him-connect.con and it was I’ve now gone back to the original version I had on 4.22.005 and upload the confit file also and it’s staying offline and I cannot get it to reconnect. Anyone any ideas?

I believe the Hikvision TFTP server requires the firmware to be under 30 MB, so likely yes you have to go back to a very early version via this mechanism (which will reset the NVR to default), and you can then upgrade again once you gain access.
Ok, well, yes, Using the newest version I could find under 30 MB did indeed work via the TFTP tool, so now I have NVR_Hi3536_BL_EN_STD_V3.3.9_151228 on there. The problem...

...now not a single firmware will upload via the web interface!

Is it possible to update via USB?!

UPDATE!!!: I've managed to upgrade to the latest firmware (4.40.016) using the Hikvision Batch Configuration tool! I'd forgotten this tool exists, and the most recent version is way more functional than I remember. It upgraded the firmware without batting an eyelid.

So after all of that nightmare: I still can't smoothly live-view my 4K cameras if they're encoding is H265(or +), but it still works fine using H264 even though that's a higher bandwidth. As a result I have to accept that I can only record less than half the timescale of video that I use to be able to on the same HDD.

Another new bug that I'm now seeing is that the timezone setting is being ignored and seems to be stuck to GMT+08:00, so I can't now use NTP, I have to use manual setting, which will no doubt drift out over time.

Last edited:
I had 4.22.005 on until an hour ago tried to upgrade to the 2mp version of 4.40.016, then normal version of 4.40.016 then tried normal version of 4.40.015 and all of them had my unit offline despite my PC able to talk to it and it send test emails, each time I uploaded the confit file I saved before I started but it still want sort it. I checked all the setting as posts on here and checked the serial number was correctly listed at www.him-connect.con and it was I’ve now gone back to the original version I had on 4.22.005 and upload the confit file also and it’s staying offline and I cannot get it to reconnect. Anyone any ideas?
If you are still having problems and would like some help, can you start a new thread please.

Thanks Phil. Started one as below, great if you have any ideas, looks like a few of us are suffering from the same issue

Another new bug that I'm now seeing is that the timezone setting is being ignored and seems to be stuck to GMT+08:00, so I can't now use NTP, I have to use manual setting, which will no doubt drift out over time.
Well, looks like this may be the issue address with V4.40.017 build 201124:

"Fix the problem of abnormal NVR system time caused by changing the NVR time zone and then turning on NTP timing function."

Will test and report back.

EDIT: It did indeed fix the issue for me. I have now re-enabled NTP time setting and the clock still shows my GMT time, not GMT+8.

Probably time to update the sticky firmware thread now it's two versions old?

Last edited:
Back