01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for K-Series [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] NVRs - V4.30.005 build200628 (V4 Lite with E-UI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
[20/07/20 - IMPORTANT - Some users updating to this firmware have reported that their NVRs have reset after updating, this does not appear to be affecting all K-series NVRs but if you are worried about losing any NVR/camera settings you can always go to Maintenance and export the NVR/Camera parameter (config) files]

Hikvision has released new firmware for their K-Series [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] Network Video Recorders. The latest firmware, Version 4.30.005, can be downloaded here.

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

The Release Notes can also be found via the link above.

The last couple of pages of the release notes specify the applicable NVRs.

Below is a summary of all the new features, each is explained in more detail in the release notes.

Reason of Upgrade

Add new features and optimize product performance.

New features

1.【Support adding motion detection 2.0 IPC】
2.【Support access in ISUP 5.0 protocol】
3.【Support Hik-Connect to enable One-Key Do Not Disturb function】
4.【Support Hik-Connect / GuardingVision to scan NVR QR code to recover password】
5.【Support GUI local online upgrade by Hik-Connect】
6.【Support event recording search in Hik-Connect client】
7.【Support two-way audio function with Hik-Connect】
8.【Add Right-Click menu】
9.【Add online and offline status display of IPC in Web】
10.【Optimization of PoE exception information display】
11.【Adjustment of access mechanism of main stream and sub-stream in Hikvision protocol】
12.【Local playback】
13.【Authority management】
14.【Optimization of storage】
15.【Password of IPC activation equal to NVR password by default】
16.【NVR disable Smart VCA by default】

Modified functions

1.【Optimization of operation】
2.【Optimization of search performance】

Fixed issues

1.【Fix the issue that GUI interface exception】
2.【Fix the known defects】

The most noticeable improvement with this firmware is the introduction of the new GUI called E-UI (Easy User Interface) which is quite a drastic change both visually and in terms of features from what we had before with the V3 GUI, see a walkthrough of the new layout and some of the features in the below video:

As some will be aware this new interface had already been released on the 7604(B) NVR, when that happened we asked some clarifying questions to Hikvision support to understand everything that was being introduced with this new V4 firmware. The 2 most important answers we got are below:

E-UI firmware supports human/vehicle filtering only for motion detection, not all the AcuSense functions.

Currently, we don’t have a plan for K-series NVR plugin-free solution.

This is why Hikvision calls the firmware V4 Lite because although it does include some of the functions/features of the full V4 firmware we have had for a while on the I-series NVRs, it will never be updated to the full V4 due to hardware limitations of the K-series models.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this as yet? Any bugs?

Much benefit from V3? Speed improvements? I sometimes find V3 a bit laggy.

Wonder if it fixes the no resources screen when trying to view playback from more than x2 cameras which are 8MP?

Interesting, would be for me but I am cuatious about upgrading given the issues with V4 before. If I upgrade and it goes pearshaped can I downgrade.

One thing I've noticed so far is that it doesn't stick with the live display output selection. For example I have VGA and a hdmi connected. Upon restart the hdmi loses its live view, forcing me to go back to the NVR settings (direct, not via IE) and set my menu to VGA and live view to HDMI. Unfortunately these settings are not available via the online interface.

Have you noticed any improvements over V3?
How do you rate it?

As mentioned in playback in V3 I can only view two cameras - 8MP

Believe I read the previous V4 which got pulled fixed this issue.

Have you noticed any improvements over V3?
How do you rate it?

As mentioned in playback in V3 I can only view two cameras - 8MP

Believe I read the previous V4 which got pulled fixed this issue.

To be fair the issue I'm facing makes me rate it very low for the time being. I must say the NVR interface is very simple now, very smooth (more user friendly for consumers) Can't comment on the camera playback as I've always had good playback for my 8MP cameras (265+) so using less bandwidth. I guess you could try it and always downgrade if needs be. Although might force a complete reset of the NVR if you downgrade (happened to me from the earlier v4 to v3 downgrade)

I see - just out of interest why do you have vga and HDMI connected? I’m new to the game so curious!

I’m going to put my cameras up to quality - highest (they are set on medium as default) and enable the 265+, was reading about it last night - basically you don’t lose any video quality and it uses less bandwidth and also less storage if I have understood it correctly. So it’s a no brainier to turn it on.

Might take the plunge later then! I would guess it’a going to have a few bugs. These things do.

I see - just out of interest why do you have vga and HDMI connected? I’m new to the game so curious!

I’m going to put my cameras up to quality - highest (they are set on medium as default) and enable the 265+, was reading about it last night - basically you don’t lose any video quality and it uses less bandwidth and also less storage if I have understood it correctly. So it’s a no brainier to turn it on.

Might take the plunge later then! I would guess it’a going to have a few bugs. These things do.

For my set up where my NVR is, I have a VGA monitor attached. I also have an HDMI travelling to my main TV abit further away. Allows me to make any changes to the NVR easily with the monitor, while the TV I can quickly switch to view the cameras. (so currently, the VGA works as normal, but the HDMI screen is just blank. Prior to this the V4 firmware (which is now pulled back) allowed me to change the settings so I can set HDMI to live view only (no menu seen) and VGA hold the menu etc.

As for H265+ it is hit and miss sometimes, people sometimes suggest the NVR struggles due to the hardware usages of decoding H265+ etc (resulting in random restarts or over heating issues).. I have noticed on some set ups inconsistently this occurring, but no harm in trying for a week or so. The storage savings are worth it imo.

EDIT: Also another issue I've noticed is that the hik-connect server address is no longer hard coded in for you. You are free to edit it etc, it doesn't automatically select one for you (in my case dev.eu.hik-connect.com) - so when I upgraded, it defaulted to litedev.hik-connect.com, which does not work for me.. so I've been on a wild goose chase to debug this issue.. I have now downgraded the firmware which solved the issue.

Last edited:
You say V4 has been pulled again? Thought it would have a few bugs, everything does I suppose - apple iOS are a good example!

Just put my cameras into highest quality and put 265+ on. I have 57mb of idle bandwidth - so plenty spare. Will see how it goes over the next few days.

Whats the hik-address you mention - not for that deep into the system yet.

You say V4 has been pulled again? Thought it would have a few bugs, everything does I suppose - apple iOS are a good example!

Just put my cameras into highest quality and put 265+ on. I have 57mb of idle bandwidth - so plenty spare. Will see how it goes over the next few days.

Whats the hik-address you mention - not for that deep into the system yet.

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the v4 that was published earlier this year that got pulled. Highly doubt this one will get pulled.

If your hikconnect app is working as expected, don't worry about the hik connect server address to much. It's just a server that allows the hik connect functionality. They have/had a fair few ips which the NVR could use for this service. Mine decided to reset itself to one that is inactive (no ping response) and finding the right one is trail and error it seems

Ahhh I see - I haven’t set that up as yet. Hoping to do it today.

I might wait a few weeks before going to V4, expect we will see another release soon with bug fixes.

Ahhh I see - I haven’t set that up as yet. Hoping to do it today.

I might wait a few weeks before going to V4, expect we will see another release soon with bug fixes.

Highly recommend waiting for a while. Just to summarise for anyone reading this in the future:
1. Hik-connect is not working on my K2 NVR. (Worked/Works fine when I downgrade to 3.4.109)
2. VGA + HDMI set up is unstable. Setting the live output to hdmi resets back to vga after a restart of the NVR (Not possible to change this via online interface)

You should email Hikvision, sure they will be glad to know of the bugs - probably an easy fix.

Not sure this matters for this firmware so any mods can move if need be plz

Upgraded a K series 16 way NVR to V4 ages ago when the f/w was available on the uk site. Looked totally different and nice but noticed a few probs after some time.

Got approx 10 cams - 1 ptz, 2 colour vu's, 2 x 4mp dark fighters, 4 x 4mp Internal domes and get no resource when trying to view playback on nvr directly.

And also cant adjust the cameras shown on the VGA Monitor, as in only want the vga to show cams 1,2, 3,6 but they are showing 1234 and i cant change from cam 4 to 6 for some reason.

According to HIK its because its on V4 so will need to do a downgrade first and then see

I get the no resource message with x4 cameras - all 8MP.

It only lets me view x2 at once, other x2 say no resource. I did read somewhere that V3 cant support more than a couple cameras more than 3MP, and this is only the in NVR GUI, apparently the PC program etc is ok, also read this issue was resolved in V4.

Not made the jump yet, or setup my phone app or PC program so I can’t confirm.

Using a DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P.

This update reset my box, be careful.

Last edited:
As in reset all the settings to factory default? Maybe a big firmware update such as this would if it’s a totally new platform?

How are you finding it otherwise? Smoother? Buggy?

As in reset all the settings to factory default? Maybe a big firmware update such as this would if it’s a totally new platform?

How are you finding it otherwise? Smoother? Buggy?

yep, reset to factory. Smooth so far, just taking a look through the web portal

Let me know how you get on, how’s the GUI in the NVR?

So is the web portal also different when you jump into V4 as opposed to V3 also?

Let me know how you get on, how’s the GUI in the NVR?

So is the web portal also different when you jump into V4 as opposed to V3 also?

No, web portal is the same. It works much the same as before. I'm wondering if I would need to update my hikvision turret cameras or if this update does that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back