01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for K-Series [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] NVRs - V4.30.005 build200628 (V4 Lite with E-UI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameras and NVR are on seperate firmware and camera firmware isn't linked to NVR firmware, check the portal for your cameras latest firmware. Did mine last week and updated via usb through the NVR.

If you do though give it some time, mine didn’t have a loading bar like the NVR does, it just hangs on egg timer for several mins then pops up camera updated, they then reboot.

I almost pulled the USB out thinking it had crashed, couldn’t have bee fun part way through a firmware update!

Hi Folks Lee here, just found this forum so I thought I'd let you know my experiences with the new firmware... I've upgraded to V4.30.005 build200628 from V4.21.005 build190509 and had a few issues. first one was it wiped the box back to the factory which I wasn't expecting. I have both the VGA and HDMI connected and it reverted to the HDMI which is 2 floors away from the NVR + mouse and as I couldn't access it via a browser I had to do the initial setup over a WhatsApp video call with my partner 2 floors away to get through the first part of the setup to then be able to switch it over to the VGA monitor. Biggest change for me has been the smart events where its now box drawing and it only lets me create one box. Before I could toggle the grid squares on and off and all that had gone. Problem is that I need 2 boxes now as I did have 2 specific areas covered on 1 camera and also the documentation does say I can create more than one box, but it only lets me create one. Other issue I have is that the events (not smart events) keeps turning on the "notify surveillance centre" on all 8 cameras. I set them all off and then the following day our phones are going crazy with 100's of normal events coming in. The options I have set on the smart events haven't changed, so the full screen and buzzer etc on various camera are all as they should be, its just the normal events that keep changing on their own. The last issue I have found so far is that the backup option seems to have disappeared from the NVR, I can see the restore but not a backup. When I try the backup from a browser, its fails to save a backup and tells me there has been an error.

Hi Folks Lee here, just found this forum so I thought I'd let you know my experiences with the new firmware... I've upgraded to V4.30.005 build200628 from V4.21.005 build190509 and had a few issues. first one was it wiped the box back to the factory which I wasn't expecting. I have both the VGA and HDMI connected and it reverted to the HDMI which is 2 floors away from the NVR + mouse and as I couldn't access it via a browser I had to do the initial setup over a WhatsApp video call with my partner 2 floors away to get through the first part of the setup to then be able to switch it over to the VGA monitor. Biggest change for me has been the smart events where its now box drawing and it only lets me create one box. Before I could toggle the grid squares on and off and all that had gone. Problem is that I need 2 boxes now as I did have 2 specific areas covered on 1 camera and also the documentation does say I can create more than one box, but it only lets me create one. Other issue I have is that the events (not smart events) keeps turning on the "notify surveillance centre" on all 8 cameras. I set them all off and then the following day our phones are going crazy with 100's of normal events coming in. The options I have set on the smart events haven't changed, so the full screen and buzzer etc on various camera are all as they should be, its just the normal events that keep changing on their own. The last issue I have found so far is that the backup option seems to have disappeared from the NVR, I can see the restore but not a backup. When I try the backup from a browser, its fails to save a backup and tells me there has been an error.

Can I ask what your Hikconnect server address is set to? My one has reset to one that doesn't respond to pings it seems..

Also just to confirm I am also noticing your first two issues of VGA plus hdmi set up and boxes. Can't comment on notify surveillance as never had it enabled.

Can I ask what your Hikconnect server address is set to? My one has reset to one that doesn't respond to pings it seems..

Also just to confirm I am also noticing your first two issues of VGA plus hdmi set up and boxes. Can't comment on notify surveillance as never had it enabled.

Hi, my server address is set to "litedev.eu.hik-connect.com"

Useful feedback there. Other than the couple bugs, have you noticed an improvement? Would you recommend the update? Any quicker / smoother?

Hi, I've not had v4.30 firmware on long enough yet to really make a proper assessment of how well this version works. I've had the previous version v4.21 on for a good 6 months and compared to the V3 firmware, V4 to me is a lot faster, slicker and overall a lot better.... I was hoping this "improved" version of V4 would be even better, but so far with the bugs I've found just in the last couple of days, and especially with the "notify surveillance centre" keep turning itself on for all camera's, I'll probably end up reverting to v4.21 as that one gave me no issues at all. Another thing I've noticed tonight using the iVMS-4200 3.3.0.7 Client software on my windows pc is that the "box" I have drawn to mark out the smart event grid area for 3 of my camera's now appears over the live view images in the iVMS client. This didn't happen with firmware v4.21...

Hi, I've not had v4.30 firmware on long enough yet to really make a proper assessment of how well this version works. I've had the previous version v4.21 on for a good 6 months and compared to the V3 firmware, V4 to me is a lot faster, slicker and overall a lot better.... I was hoping this "improved" version of V4 would be even better, but so far with the bugs I've found just in the last couple of days, and especially with the "notify surveillance centre" keep turning itself on for all camera's, I'll probably end up reverting to v4.21 as that one gave me no issues at all. Another thing I've noticed tonight using the iVMS-4200 3.3.0.7 Client software on my windows pc is that the "box" I have drawn to mark out the smart event grid area for 3 of my camera's now appears over the live view images in the iVMS client. This didn't happen with firmware v4.21...

Out of interest - is the V4.21 the firmware which got pulled several months ago?

I’m still playing with all my settings, new to the game. I need to setup motion detection and line crossings detection properly, motion is on full grid by default, so events trigger al day! Also need to set it up on my iPhone and Windows also, as opposed to via web browser.

Might stay on V3 then for time being. It does look fairly dated though, but stable!

Yes it was but I have had no trouble with it and I have it on 7 NVR's without issue...

anyone else notice that motion markers aren't showing on playback in the webportal?

Enable Motion Detection ON
Dynamic Analysis for Motion ON
Rules Enabled

I tried the upgrade to V4 but now fails to find any of the cameras and just states detecting. Very frustrating to say the least. So its back to the previous version for the time being.

Yes, downgraded to V3 and all now back working OK. I shall now wait for a few weeks to see if anyone else has any problems before trying again.

Everything working fine - only missing HikVision-CGI under Integrations..
Do anybody knows if this was removed or this setting is relocated to elswhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back