01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for K-Series NVRs - V3.4.108

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 27th March 2020 - Superseded by V3.4.109: Latest HikVision Firmware for K-Series NVRs - V3.4.109

Hikvision have released new firmware for their K-Series Network Video Recorders. The latest firmware, Version 3.4.108, can be downloaded here.

(Still no sign of Version 4, sorry guys!)

NB - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

I've asked Hikvision and apparently the release notes aren't yet available, they'll send them to me as soon as they are and I'll update here in due course. We recommend you update the firmware regardless.

Last edited:
What do we do if we have already installed the version 4 which was posted in their portal for a short while? Is this unsupported and never going to be upgradable?

Short answer - we don't know.
We hope it will become clearer in due course.
If you are not experiencing any problems with V4 firmware on your K-series NVR, then I would propose you wait and don't worry :)

Tried refreshing, and I can't see this version.

However I did upgrade my K2 to V4.21.005 build 190509 a little while ago so I'm kinda stuck anyway.

I’ve have found that you can run the V4 from the I-Series NVR I’m running V4.1.64 build190119 an have also had V4.22.005 build191208 running with no issues to report

I'm afraid so yes, we're not at all sure if/when V4 will be released for the K-Series

Reactions: RBW
Can some one be kind enough to share the link to download V4.21.005 build 190509 for my 7716NI-K4 ?
Thanks in advance

Can some one be kind enough to share the link to download V4.21.005 build 190509 for my 7716NI-K4 ?
Thanks in advance
you can get v4 version from this link: Firmware v4.21.005
this is from Russian portal (there wont be problem if u install this from another region i tested how ever believe me there is not much difference between v3 and v4 most difference is in GUI (not functionality). these are just commercial titles :)

you can get v4 version from this link: Firmware v4.21.005
this is from Russian portal (there wont be problem if u install this from another region i tested how ever believe me there is not much difference between v3 and v4 most difference is in GUI (not functionality). these are just commercial titles :)

There are substantial differences in the functionality:

• V3 playback timeline thumbnails only work up to 3MP IP camera, V4 shows thumbnails for 4K cameras instead of blank tiles
  • V3 doesn't support search for human or vehicle file with the Acusense cameras, V4 does
  • V3 doesn't allow setting of minimum/maximum object sizes for line crossing/intrusion via the NVR GUI (locally connected monitor), V4 does
  • V3 doesn't allow setting of camera shutter speed via the NVR GUI, V4 does
  • The "log out after....never" option in the V3 GUI has never worked. Log in locally using mouse, set auto logout to never and save - after a short while you'll have to login again with the on screen password. On V4 it honours your setting and the on screen pattern saves entering the password using the hopeless onscreen keyboard if you're the admin user
Other than that....it's just cosmetic

There are substantial differences in the functionality:

• V3 playback timeline thumbnails only work up to 3MP IP camera, V4 shows thumbnails for 4K cameras instead of blank tiles
  • V3 doesn't support search for human or vehicle file with the Acusense cameras, V4 does
  • V3 doesn't allow setting of minimum/maximum object sizes for line crossing/intrusion via the NVR GUI (locally connected monitor), V4 does
  • V3 doesn't allow setting of camera shutter speed via the NVR GUI, V4 does
  • The "log out after....never" option in the V3 GUI has never worked. Log in locally using mouse, set auto logout to never and save - after a short while you'll have to login again with the on screen password. On V4 it honours your setting and the on screen pattern saves entering the password using the hopeless onscreen keyboard if you're the admin user
Other than that....it's just cosmetic
1- i did not test or notice this
2- as i know there is no v3 fw for acusense nvr so its depend on model rather than firmware version. and the reason you could not find v3 firmware for this type nvrs is because they change strategy from v 3.4.90 and puts and stop developing deep-learning on v3 and introduce v4.
3- i had 7616NI-K2 with v3 which had these feature.however personally i set smart event on Camera GUI setting rather than nvr because they had more feature which v4 Fw NVR did not ( in example you could full-screen in drawing mode of line cross or intrusion detection setting in Camera GUI (v5.6.0 above)
btw: there were some features that introduce for v4 firmware which was not depend on firmware version in example:
if u check this video from <hikvision explain> channel:
one new features they introduce in 4.1.50 was about expanding POE port of POE NVRs model with another switch that was ridiculous and unprofessional, it was just a commercial title. expanding Switch was a fundamental network subject which you could do in many POE nvrs (not only hikvsion model and in any firmware version). (maybe i put time to show how can expand POE nvrs to anothers POE Switchs)

I'm having issues on mine and my dads units running this firmware that the presets option is missing from the hik-connect app so we csnt call any. However when adding the PTZ camera directly to the app the presets option is shown. Only missing since firmware upgrade.

First image is camera connected to NVR and second is app connected directly to camera as it's on LAN.

Anyone else with a PTZ camera experiencing same issues? Any ideas how to fix, is this a setting or do I need to wait for new firmware?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325-212737_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325-212737_Hik-Connect.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 367
  • Screenshot_20200325-212750_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325-212750_Hik-Connect.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 355
Hi
I have a NVR DS-7608NI-K2 /8P and some time ago i upgraded my NVR to firmware with GUI 4.x for this model which i found on Russia FTP HikVision.
ftp://ftp.hikvision.ru/01. Регистраторы/02. DS-76XX 77XX 86ХХ NI-K/DS-7XXXNI-K2 K4 8XXX-K8/GUI 4.0/
Now i see that HikVision no support at the moment this GUI for series K and still support GUI 3.x and relese new FW. Can i downgrade FW from 4.x to 3.4.x ? I see that some user do it on series I NVR.
New version 4 Firmware for HikVision NVRs

Hi @pepeEL

There shouldn't be any problem with downgrading the NVR firmware, you should be able to just load the older v3 firmware in the firmware update box and once the update completes it should step down to v3.4.x

@kyle
there is new fw for super I model (128ch/256ch) NVR which is 4.1.66 could you please provide a change log for this version? and make a topic related to this products?
thanks

Last edited:
Back