01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

led white light settings and issues g2 4mp colorvu poe

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
ok so i am still trying to set up my cameras for optimum night mode. I have an i series nvr and g2 4mp colorvu turrets.
Looking at night time lighting, i have realized that with the led on it whitens the face of most detail.
1 camera is at the front of the house near an led street light illuminating from the rear (10 meters max) and the other camera (2) is at the side of the house with light travelling from the street light 15 meters away.

Camera 1 is set to normal and day mode. The lense is fixed and has no alternative setting and is at 1/75 at night view.
Camera 2 is set to low illumination and again fixed. This is at 1/16 at night view. Why would this setting not be able to be auto changing in low light conditions. I click on fixed and thats the only option available?

I have set camera 1 white light at 4 this morning (was at 80) to test and the side 1 to 3 ( was at 89, low i know but when i had a play last night the lights stayed bright at any where above 30).

So i left the house this morning and the camera at the front that was set at 4 manual white light setting never put the led on (at least not what i could see) . I got the notification though to show it picked me up, so i know it saw me. (maybe 4 is that low its not visible to the naked eye?)

Camera 2 though still put the full led on. i also got the notification through but the light was still far too bright. Face blur and light reflection . Could the low illumination setting be causing the led to not work at my manual setting of 3? should i loose low illumination or lose the led instead. what's going on here. why is the led brightness not mating the manual input?

My other option is to fit two good led spot lights and turn the leds on the cameras off altogether. Would that be better for the colorvu. Would it make the lense setting be higher and better for movement say up to 1/125?

Bit stuck as to whats going on here. both cameras are line crossing triggered with notification and led alarm setting.

Hi @Vauxfan

Are you still having issues with your night settings?

From what I have read you can not turn the led light up and down on trigger, only on the light that is lit up all the time.

Reactions: Dan
Back