01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Line crossing give false triggers

paul73mt

Hi,
Last weekend i changed my DS-2CD2385FWD to the updated DS-2CD2385G1-I due to wanting a wider FOV as wasn't covering all my drive. Then this week as I walked out my door I found my car door not closed fully, on further looking I found that someone had had a look through the centre console. Now I very rarely leave anything but due to my dad being back n forth to the hospital I had left some money in the car (but wasn't on show) for parking fees etc. Going back through the CCTV a nice young chap decided to come up to my door and open it. Now I not sure but I may of left it unlocked so could it to experience. So it then got me thinking that as I have the cameras all recording 24/7 but I wouldn't know if someone had been on my drive or looked down the side of my house unless something had been moved or taken. So I set it up for motion detection but it kept triggering on virous bits now some of these were plants blowing but sometimes it was picking up stuff on the roof of the car. So I then went to line crossing I have put a line across the front of the drive (see picture with trigging either way from A to B, but I keep getting it trigger on cars driving past. The photo attached shows a van that triggered it and also the line that I have set up for the line crossing any ideas ??

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• car crossing.jpg
    car crossing.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 176
Hi,
Last weekend i changed my DS-2CD2385FWD to the updated DS-2CD2385G1-I due to wanting a wider FOV as wasn't covering all my drive. Then this week as I walked out my door I found my car door not closed fully, on further looking I found that someone had had a look through the centre console. Now I very rarely leave anything but due to my dad being back n forth to the hospital I had left some money in the car (but wasn't on show) for parking fees etc. Going back through the CCTV a nice young chap decided to come up to my door and open it. Now I not sure but I may of left it unlocked so could it to experience. So it then got me thinking that as I have the cameras all recording 24/7 but I wouldn't know if someone had been on my drive or looked down the side of my house unless something had been moved or taken. So I set it up for motion detection but it kept triggering on virous bits now some of these were plants blowing but sometimes it was picking up stuff on the roof of the car. So I then went to line crossing I have put a line across the front of the drive (see picture with trigging either way from A to B, but I keep getting it trigger on cars driving past. The photo attached shows a van that triggered it and also the line that I have set up for the line crossing any ideas ??

Thanks

Paul
Line crossing works best when the line is vertical - objects crossing it left/right right/left but you can't do that. You'll never eliminate false alarms completely with standard line crossing but you can adjust sensitivity, minimum and maximum object sizes etc and get an improvement. Cloud reflection alone on that first car will trigger it - guaranteed. Had you chose the 2386G2 rather than the 2385G1 - AcuSense would've sorted your problems filtering most of the false activations when not human.

Thanks for the reply I did look at the G2 but at the time only had 4MP. I have reduced the sensitivity down from 50 to 40 and has reduced a lot, but didn’t know about the min and max size objects. I think on the motion detection that’s what was seen on the roof of the car. I will have another play but at least it’s emailing me so I’ve done something right

Back