01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Line Crossing Stopped Working HIKVision DS-7604N1 / 4P(B)

Vik Tailor

Hi guys,

I'm new here and looking for some help with my line cross detection. I recently noticed the line crossing detection does not appear to be working. It used to work and no changes (configuration or otherwise) have been made, however, it has stopped alerting.

I have attached some screenshots to help you better understand the setup I have
Untitled.png

1624896908888.png

1624896937156.png

1624896989612.png

In an attempt to try and resolve the issue I cleared all area settings, disabled line crossing detection and removed the Notify Surveillance option. I then re-configured this again and saved the configuration. Unfortunately, this has not resolved the issue.

I was also able to draw multiple crossing detection lines before, however, when I try and select a second line from the drop-down menu, I am unable to select more than 1 line to draw
1624897043295.png

To test whether it was an issue with recording, I configured the basic event motion detection and that worked with no issues. This is not the option I want to use, however, as it alerts a lot and I would just like to know when someone crosses the current line drawn in the screenshot above as well as draw a second line at the edge of my property so I'm alerted if anyone comes on to the drive.

I'd really appreciate some help, please. I've contacted HIKVision support but no-one has got back to me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Hi @Vik Tailor

Your NVR appears to be running quite an old firmware so I would recommend you update to the latest version - v4.30.085

As you are on an older v3 firmware we would recommend that you update to the first v4 firmware first - v4.30.000 - before then updating to the latest version.

If you still have issues with line crossing then I would recommend you enable virtual host, log directly into the camera, and check the firmware version that the camera is currently running.

Hi @Dan

Thanks for the information, that really helped. I'm now up-to-date with the current firmware for the NVR. As I was updating the firmware, I noticed the intrusion detection began working, however, I noticed the line detection still wasn't working.

I've enabled the virtual host and checked the camera firmware version but I wasn't able to locate the firmware on the HIKVision portal for the model of camera I have

Untitled.png

As you suggest, I want to make sure the firmware is up-to-date before trying anything else. Are you able to help?

Hi @Vik Tailor

Good to hear the NVR update made some progress, the 2385G1 is part of the G1 Firmware family and the latest version of that firmware is v5.6.5

Hi @Dan

After upgrading the camera firmware on all cameras, I disabled and re-enabled line crossing detection and that has worked!! Thank you for all your help, this has been bugging me for quite some time.

Do you know how I can add a second detection line? I previously had 2 but I'm not able to draw a second line anymore (when I dropdown the number '1' to draw a second line, I have no further options.

Hi @Vik Tailor

Good to hear line crossing is now working, unfortunately, I believe Hikvision removed the ability to draw multiple lines on the 2xx5FWD/2xx5G1 cameras with one of the firmware versions you just updated through. It has been a while since these updates were introduced but I believe they told us at the time that there was a stability issue with the cameras running more than one line/detection area.

Hi @Dan

Understood, I'll see if I can find another way to get the line detection to work on the other side of the property, maybe from another camera or motion/intrusion detection. Unless you know another way it can be done?

Back