01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live View Failed

puntoboy

I have a small Hikvision setup that has been working for many months without a problem. We have recently moved house and therefore I've been slowly installing the system again at the new house. I have a mixture of cameras that' I've bought over the years and so far, the ones I have installed are all working as expected, with exception of my most recent DS-2CD2385G1-I. As far as recording goes, it works, both on the camera itself (using the MicroSD and via the NVR. Live View works directly on the camera but via the NVR (DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P) webpage I just get an error message saying Live View Failed. All other cameras display the feed correctly. I have also tried using the Substream.

I am running Firmware version V3.4.107 build 190927 on the NVR and V5.6.2 build 190701 on the camera. The camera is connected to my PoE switch and so is the NVR. I am not using the local PoE ports on the NVR. The other cameras are connected in the same way.

Any ideas please?

I have a small Hikvision setup that has been working for many months without a problem. We have recently moved house and therefore I've been slowly installing the system again at the new house. I have a mixture of cameras that' I've bought over the years and so far, the ones I have installed are all working as expected, with exception of my most recent DS-2CD2385G1-I. As far as recording goes, it works, both on the camera itself (using the MicroSD and via the NVR. Live View works directly on the camera but via the NVR (DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P) webpage I just get an error message saying Live View Failed. All other cameras display the feed correctly. I have also tried using the Substream.

I am running Firmware version V3.4.107 build 190927 on the NVR and V5.6.2 build 190701 on the camera. The camera is connected to my PoE switch and so is the NVR. I am not using the local PoE ports on the NVR. The other cameras are connected in the same way.

Any ideas please?

I would recommend updating both the camera and NVR to the latest firmware:

DS-7608NI-K2/8P

DS-2CD2385G1-I

OK both updated. No change. Cannot view Live View which also stops me setting up Events.

So weirdly the main stream is now working but the substream is not. I tried reducing the video quality at first but that made no difference. I then turned off H265+, H265, H264+ and ended up on H264 and it started working. I then enabled the higher bitrates/quality and it was still working. I have no re-enabled H265+ and it's still working. I've tried similar on the substream but no joy although this is working fine on the camera itself.

It is worth trying a power-down and restart when odd behaviour develops.
Especially after firmware updates.

Revisiting this issue. New NVR but still having the same issue with the same camera. Main stream works, but the substream does not on the MVR only. On the camera's web page, via Hik-connect, and via the NVR HDMI connection and via VLC (opening the substream via RTSP) it works.

Back