01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Live View fails on DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) NVR

Greybeard

I am setting up a system with all new Hikvision components, bought from Use-IP. The online Tutorials have been useful, but seem a bit out of date; I'll post about my experiences later. There's one problem I'm struggling with at present.

I have a DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B)V NVR. So far I have connected two turret cameras, direct to the NVR using PoE, so that should all be Plug&Play. I've configured the NVR and access it from a web browser on my PC. However, I can't get Live View to work on the NVR; I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge (Windows 10). There's just a popup saying "Live view failed" [OK].

The cameras are Activated and working, as I can view the live images on my phone over Hik-Connect.

There's a menu item on the camera page to Download Plugin - this downloads a file called LocalServiceComponents.exe Although I don't think plugins are needed any more, and browsers won't necessarily accept them, I tried this; it reports having installed something, but Windows Defender then blocked it from other than local network access and there's no other indication what it is.

I enabled Virtual host to connect to individual cameras, and Live View worked then, even on the same browser that it failed on when connected to the NVR. However, on Firefox, once I'd run the Plugin install, I could only connect to Live View; if I tried to access the Configuration the screen goes blank then reverts to Live View. On Chrome, Configuration worked fine.

While watching Live View via Virtual Host, Windows crashed with BSOD, with stopcode 'faulty hardware corrupted page' error. Apparently, this is not necessarily hardware related, and the recommended fix was to run a repair on key Windows files. I did this, and that's put everything back to how it was before I ran the plugin install; no Live View (or Playback) on the NVR or Virtual host, but Configuration now works on Virtual host. I can still view the camera images on Hik-connect, so they are working, and recording on the NVR.

The NVR Firmware is V3.4.104 build 190424 – which is newer than the latest on the UK portal (V3.4.103 build 181226). The cameras are a DS-2CD2345FWD-I with V5.6.2 build 190701 and a DS-2CD2365G1-I with V5.6 build 190507.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Hi Greybeard,

Is this the first time you've tried accessing live view through the browsers? Sounds like everything is set up correctly as Hik-Connect etc is working fine. It's probably something as simple as changing the browser, live view is notorious for not working properly on certain browsers. Try Internet Explorer (NOT Edge - they have similar looking icons) and see how you get on.

As @kyle says we would recommend using Internet Explorer as it is still the only browser that offers full access to all the NVRs menus & settings, the plug-in free solution you mentioned is only currently available for I-series NVRs and G1 family cameras which is why you could see live pictures of the individual cameras in other browsers as the 2345 & 2365 are G1 family cameras.

Thanks. I've just tried IE. It invited me to download and install the Plug in (which other browsers have not done), and that installed without errors, and Live View works. I guess the Plugin is specific to IE, which is why I got errors trying to install from Windows not from within IE. I hope that also means it won't BSOD!

I hope Hikvision can update the browser software - it's worrying that it only seems to work with a discontinued browser - although IE is still supported, I don't know for how long.

Back