01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Local: Abnormal Shutdown Error

Mine hasn't rebooted once since upgrading to 4.40.015 (from .010) a fortnight ago. It was previously rebooting constantly even after factory defaulting and reinstalling the firmware. However the 2386G2 camera that I believed to be causing the reboot continues to play up (firmware 5.5.134). Viewing the main stream was fine without issue, but playback of the same stream was locking up and freezing especially during detection (normal and event parameters all set correctly), skipping several seconds at a time. I checked it this morning and there were multiple gaps in the recording for that one camera but nothing in the log to show an IPC disconnect/reconnect. I've changed the stream settings from 8MP/12FPS to 4MP/Full Frame and it seems to be behaving but thats hardly ideal. It'll do until I find a permanent fix.

Unbelievable. I've spent hours and hours trying all the potential fixes to sort the rebooting. I've upgraded to V4.30.000 firmware and it now works as it should. From 5 or 6 reboots a day to none in nearly a month. The playback works correctly as well. Sincere thanks to all who helped. A big thumbs DOWN to the old Hikvision firmware. Cheers

Hi james
this is not hardware or firmware issue
this is just about your network
check the MTU parameter in your internet service provider to comply with the MTU in your NVR and make both of them the same number and after that the NVR reboots and will be OK after that

I just replaced one NVR with another, same model, hdd, etc. after changing the hdd, etc. Same issue on diffrent dvr. So here I am, disconnected the Network cable and no more abnormal shutdowns, no issues, rock solid for 3 days. Connected network cable and changing the MTU to something lower gave me MORE issues, cams going blank, etc. BUT NO MORE ABNORMAL SHUTDOWNS.. AT ALL. The dvr doesn't even work now, but I know what the issue is, and its definitely not the NVR. Something is definitely going on with the router and the MTU. Have the same NVR connected on the same isp at other clients houses and no issues. It wasn't the HDD, Cameras, network settings, etc. Thanks for your help bro. I'm gonna change out the router next and see what happens but just wanted to say thanks bro, I appreciate it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have seen problems in the past when a screened cable is used for the LAN connection to the NVR ...

Create a new user with operator level access. Change the password on the admin account. Don't allow the admin account to access the device remotely, only use the new account with operator level access.

The reboots will stop.

If you have to use the admin account for service, only access the device from a PC using IVMS.

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me - I recently installed a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR with 4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras but noticed my NVR keeps suddenly rebooting at random times of the day.
I checked the NVR logs and see that the alert named 'Local: Abnormal Shutdown' is displayed in the logs when it happens (usually 2-5 times a day).

NVR Firmware: V3.4.100 build 180310
Camera Firmware: V5.5.53 build 180622

Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks,

James
Upgrade your nvr to the last firmware and the problem definitely will be solved (4.30.085) and also cameras if possible. Mine was solved using this solution completely and no abnormal shutdown anymore.

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me - I recently installed a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR with 4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras but noticed my NVR keeps suddenly rebooting at random times of the day.
I checked the NVR logs and see that the alert named 'Local: Abnormal Shutdown' is displayed in the logs when it happens (usually 2-5 times a day).

NVR Firmware: V3.4.100 build 180310
Camera Firmware: V5.5.53 build 180622

Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks,

James
But the problem is there that when you want to upgrade over WiFi the message will appear that this Firmware is the last but it is not, so you should update the firmware by yourself and after that initiate hdd and the last step is to swith off from power. And after these steps you will have no abnormal shutdown.
(Index of /01. Firmware/01. Hikvision/02. NVR (IP regs)/01. K series/DS-76XXNI-K1(B)/4.30.085/)

Back