01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

localservicecontrol.exe

Mike2017

I've installed the latest browser plugin for windows and after logging in I get a message about starting localservicecontrol.exe triggered by UAC. I'm not keen on leaving this running but I'm guessing it will break Chrome integration if I disable? Any way to keep Chrome working and remove this? Thanks.

Typically, you just gotta do what you gotta do.
UAC is disabled on all our business PCs - as it questions every damned thing.

Typically, you just gotta do what you gotta do.
UAC is disabled on all our business PCs - as it questions every damned thing.
No, you don't.
Employees are like children; you need UAC to stop them from messing up your workstation like their home PC. It questions a little over 30 events and if you don't know why it has popped up, it is best to click no.

Edit: You should be using a Standard user account even if you are the system Admin and use the UAC.

The short answer to his question is the plugin needs Admin privileges to communicate fully with the camera at the system level to use all the features like Playback and Advanced camera settings but is not required to view live.

If the camera is ONVIF compliant you can use a third party application/server like Blue Iris and run everything as a service or get a NAS with a surveillance app to effectively bypass the need for the plugin in the first place.

Back