01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Location of camera - Help

kirkofski

Hi,

I currently have 1 x Dericam IP camera which I'm going to replace with a 4 Camera Hikvision NVR system.

The camera I currently have has terrible issues with white spots at night from where rain has dried on the dome. I understand the turret cameras don't suffer from this issue as much and I was going to go down this route but what I was thinking was mounting the camera where the red circle is which is more sheltered. Does anyone know If I'm likely to have an issue with the infra red bouncing back off the white box section?

Also can anyone recommend which system to go for? I want POE to make the wiring simpler and feel 4mp would be ample with good night vision. Around a weeks worth of video for each camera before overwrite is ample.

And how good is the line detection on these cameras? are there any features I need to look out for to get more reliable motion detection?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190915_151948.jpg
    20190915_151948.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 182
A turret camera will be fine there.
2345 Dark Fighter
7604 NVR.
2TB HDD

A turret camera will be fine there.
2345 Dark Fighter
7604 NVR.
2TB HDD

Thanks for the quick reply, those parts look ideal for our application.

What about the motion detection/ line detection? Is this reliable? And did I read somewhere that it doesn't work if the H265 compression is being used?

Motion detection can be problematic - as any change in pixels in the scene/detection area may trigger it.
It is therefore very hard to optimise it for all conditions.

Many people switch to line crossing detection; simpler and more reliable.

Enabling h.265+ does use up some of the camera's processing power, so as you switch to it you will see a message prompt that informs you that some of the camera's functions cannot be used with h.265+. Line crossing detection is not a function that is disabled by h.265+.

Back