01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking for CCTV that can cast?

Kink43

Hi I have scouted the net and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for.

I am looking for a CCTV system that I can put away in cupboard. Connected to ethernet if required and cast/stream to the TV.

I use Chromecast all over the house and have an android TV.
I also have hardwired network in the house with ethernet socket in each room

I do not wish to have the DVR connected to the TV because of all the associated camera cabling would be messy to get to the lounge.

Wondering if there is any type of system like this that doesn't need to be connected to the TV via HDMI directly.

Thanks for any help.

Check out these options.

You might also consider a simple wi-fi HDMI extender.

Another option if you have an Android TV box is simply to install the Android version of your CCTV VMS on it, which you can probably get free from APKPure.com.

You can also use Chromecast mirroring to relay the screen from your mobile device to your TV via wi-fi.

If you're watching regular TV channels and don't want to keep switching channel or AV input in order to see your CCTV feed, a TV which supports PIP [Picture-in-Picture] will let you keep an eye on your CCTV feed in a corner of the screen, which can be useful when you're expecting a visitor or need to know when the cat is waiting to be let in. You still need a source - I split the HDMI feed from my Nvidia TV box while leaving my VMS software client running on it and because my old TV has scart inputs, I use an HDMI->Scart adapter to deliver my PIP. (It's also possible to use PIP while watching channels from your set-top TV box, according to this Youtube video.)
Lumus PIP via scart.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
look at IP camera, you'll be able to see it on most network connected devices everywhere on your network at the same time (I said most, smart tv's need checking out. Installing software isn't always easy or very limited. If you can install a IP camera viewer like CMS you should be ok)

Back