01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Loss of images on various apps

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I am using a Hikvision two camera home CCTV setup and today I can't view any images via Hik-Connect and iVMS4500 on my mobile phone and, neither can I view any images via iVMS4500 on my pc, nor can I get at any of the images via Hik-Connect using Internet Explorer on my computer. I get the error message which tells me that the device is either 'not connected or is off-line' This is absolute rubbish as whilst I am trying to make the connections via these apps, I am watching live images on the Hikvision monitor in the corner of my study.
All of these apps were working perfectly up until Friday and I could get into each of them very quickly.
Anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem please? Many thanks.

If you log into your account on the hik-connect.com web portal, what is the Status reporting?
1571594440045.png

Thank you for coming in on this StewartM. I have looged in and the status is showing as 'offline in red text on a yellow background.

However, I know that I am not offline as I am looking at the live images on my Hikvision monitor and it is showing as Sunday 20/10/19 at 19:18

Some additional info on your setup would help. Model of the recorder the cameras are connected to? Were you able to view the cameras on your mobile device via the Hik-connect prior to this?

The live images on your monitor confirm the cameras are operational but provide no indication that they are able to reach the Hik-connect web servers via your router.
If you are comfortable doing so, a screen capture/photo of your NVR/DVR's network configuration would help too.

Hello again StewartM, Last night I realised that my cameras are connected directly into the back of my NVR which is a
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) and so my thinking that it is all on-line is incorrect. I have just been into the menu and chose 'Configuration' and straightaway I notice that at the bottom under 'Status' it does say offline (0x1001)
I now need to find out how to get it back on-line. I can't fathom out why it would come offline as it was all working perfectly until a few days ago.
Thanks again for trying to help.

I have just been into System Maintenance and I'm sure that the following entries are errors :-
When I go into 'network' the iPv4 address is showing as 0.0.0.0 and this is the same for iPv4 Subnet Mask and also iPv4 default gateway.

I'm fairly sure that previously there were positive figures showing against these items. I very rarely go into the menu of the NVR and so something has changed these as I am not that techie minded.

I seem to recall that the iPv4 address was something like 192.168.*.** as that is the number that I punched into the browser when I was accessing the images via my pc. Any ideas how these settings would have changed without my physical input?

I have just been into the SADP tool and notice that the 'zero' entries are in there too but, there doesn't seem to be the option to manually change those.

EDIT: After loads of jiggling about I have managed to enter a load of ip details via SADP which have successfully transferred across to my NVR. I have recognised most of these numbers. I must be getting close to sorting this I feel but, the unit is still showing as off-line.

I think that eventually I may have to try to find someone locally who is well versed in Hikvision products. I really can't understand how everything was working fine and the suddenly all goes to pieces.

Last edited:
Back