01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Loss of picture and recording - 7608Ni-I2 NVR connected to 4 cameras

paul73mt

I have a 7608Ni-I2 NVR and connected to that 4 cameras 2 x ds-2cd2385FWD 1 x ds-2cd2355fwd and recently a 2385-G1 a couple of days ago looking back remotely to view my cameras but couldn't view some of the cameras, I was thinking it was due to me moving around and the mobile signal being not great. When I got home I found that two of the cameras had stopped recording and no picture was visible, A remote reboot seemed to clear this and all the cameras come back online. I checked again and once again I found two of the cameras have stopped recording (within 30mins of each other) one of the cameras is only 10wks old. Is there anything I could be checking.

Hi @paul73mt

What firmware versions are your NVR and cameras currently using?

all the cameras are running V5.6.5 build 200316 NVR running V4.40.017 build 201124

Are all the cameras set to record continuously? (please share a screenshot of your record schedule settings)
What size HDDs do you have fitted?
Did you install all the cameras with factory-made patch cables or cables you cut/terminated yourself?
Which models are the 2 cameras that stop recording?
Do they just stop recording but still show a live view or do those 2 cameras go completely offline/no live view visible?

image0.jpeg
image2.jpeg

All the cameras are set to record 24/7
currently running 2 x 3Tb Purple WD HDD's
Cable's were factory made
ds-2cd2385fwd and the 2385-G1 loose the picture
They seem to go offline as unable to view live or recording.

Thinking of swapping the channels to see if the fault moves to the other two cameras.

Thanks @paul73mt

Are all the cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR?

If they are directly connected then I would recommend trying the cameras on different ports/channels, this will help verify if the issue is with the cameras or the NVR.

Yes all fed from the NVR via POE Looking through the recordings all 4 channels have some lose of picture / recording, But 2 of the channels seem a lot worse than the other two so will swap them over and see what happens

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Thanks @paul73mt

Are all the cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR?

If they are directly connected then I would recommend trying the cameras on different ports/channels, this will help verify if the issue is with the cameras or the NVR.
Swapped over the cameras to different channels (but still only using channels 1 - 4) lost the drive camera at 9pm last night but can see it on a live view through the app on the phone. Went via the webpage and hasn't recorded but when I try to live view it won't show anything on the Main Stream but if I put it to the sub stream I can view it. Have done extended self test and both HDD's come back as ok.

So again two failed ( same ones) rebooted NVR yesterday at 1pm one lasted till 5 am this morning and the other only lasted till 9pm the same day

Back