01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Devices ending support...

I don't know if it's any help but if you can get a fixed ip address ( using a VPN or some other method) it is simply a matter of entering the remote IP address of the camera in the address bar and you can access all the settings, live view and SD card if you have one. the REMOTE IP address can be found in settings when you are local to the camera under System. , Internet URL.

3C923863-F248-49E0-948E-893C67BCBED8.png
Well I've removed my 2 UCAM247 cameras this week and replaced them for 2 EZVIZ cameras, which I have to say are excellent!
They save onto a sd card or cloud, the app is far superior to ucams and is far more stable, in fact it's never crashed yet.
I can play the cameras on my echo show device as well as over 4G & WiFi.

Hi Folks, I found this thread from a few years back and so, I guess most people affected by the lack of support of UCAM247 cameras will have upgraded or purchased new devices. I too am shocked that I had to replace perfectly good cameras because of the lack of support.

Like others here, I gave up on them but, then I found that the Synology Surveillance package that comes bundled & free with any Synology NAS works with the UCAM247 devices. What's more is that the software also allows the recording of CCTV direct to the NAS.

However, I have also found that there are really good "cheap" cameras around these days for about £30-£40 that work perfectly well as long as you dont mind recording to SD card. I think I remember paying at least £120-£140 for my UCAM devices at the time!

Back