01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Devices ending support...

darrenh

Hello all ... you might be my salvation.

I have 6 ucam247 cameras ( 4 x model NC328W-IR-1080P and 2 X NC308SW-1080P) set up at a small house in France. They are there to keep on eye on it while I am here in the UK!

Anyway, turns out that ucam247 are pulling support ... and the IoS app no longer sends motion signals and the desktop software doesnt work!

I have been told I can keep using the hardware .. but need to shift to another software / app to use the functions .. as apparently they use the same set up and mechanisms as other cameras.

I have no idea where to move to and how to set it up!

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Darren

Hello all ... you might be my salvation.

I have 6 ucam247 cameras ( 4 x model NC328W-IR-1080P and 2 X NC308SW-1080P) set up at a small house in France. They are there to keep on eye on it while I am here in the UK!

Anyway, turns out that ucam247 are pulling support ... and the IoS app no longer sends motion signals and the desktop software doesnt work!

I have been told I can keep using the hardware .. but need to shift to another software / app to use the functions .. as apparently they use the same set up and mechanisms as other cameras.

I have no idea where to move to and how to set it up!

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Darren
Hi Darren, I find myself in exactly the same position. I have 5 uCam247 cameras in Latvia, used to keep an eye on my place out there.

Firstly, I believe that they have broken the Sale of Goods act which requires support and spare parts to be available for up to 8 years after items are sold. It's bloody annoying.

I'm currently using an app called AnyScene which give me IOS access to my cameras in exactly the same way as their app used to. I also still have access through a browser using the cameras IP address.

Also, the desktop CameraLive also continues to work. See below.

Attachments

• Sabile - cams.jpg
    Sabile - cams.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 468
Hi Darren, I find myself in exactly the same position. I have 5 uCam247 cameras in Latvia, used to keep an eye on my place out there.

Firstly, I believe that they have broken the Sale of Goods act which requires support and spare parts to be available for up to 8 years after items are sold. It's bloody annoying.

I'm currently using an app called AnyScene which give me IOS access to my cameras in exactly the same way as their app used to. I also still have access through a browser using the cameras IP address.

Wow thanks for the reply! No idea then why the desktop software my side is down!

can you help me with how to use Anyscene? How do I add my cameras to it (given I am remote)?

also anyscene looks like the same exact app as UCam247Live?? Wonder who is running the back end of this

AnyScene is identical to the uCam247 app. You will need the UID numbers of each of your cameras. You should have those on the uCam247 app. They’re the 14 (I think) digit identifier of each camera. Have you got access to those ?

I have the codes but I think I need to be on the WiFi network of where the cameras are in France - versus here in UK?

No, as long as the cameras are connected to your Wifi router abroad, it will find them. Yesterday I connected all my cameras, in Latvia, to it. You need the password obviously.

Perfect and have got it connected now! Just need to work out what is happening with the desktop version!

You do know you can access them using a browser with their IP address, which you can get using AnyScene ?

Yes but I need the motion alert function ... is that working on Anyscene app?

How do you do the browser access? I know how to find the IP using the app - but what do you type?

Thanks for asking. Am using the new Anyscene app - but I think it must have the same service provider behind it a the UCam247Live app as there are no motion detection alerts on it either. Do you get any? The desktop app is working!

I've sent an email off to the uCam247 support team asking them whether there is any new news. Will let you know.

"Unfortunately due to on-going issues at our provider of notifications and p2p services to support our cameras we have to advise that we are not sure if these problems will get resolved any time soon, sorry to say.

As you may know the UCam cameras have not bee made or sold since 2018 and we have been supporting exisiting customers like yourself as best as possible till now and we will continue to do so for a while longer (no firm date for stopping of support as yet).

However, we would advise that you look to transition from using the Ucam247live app to other 3rd party IP camera apps that might offer a more stable solution for you going forwards. Apps such as as IP cam viewer Lite, ONVIF IP cam monitor and tinycam monitor pro all have support for MJEG and RTSP streams from our cameras so you should be able to use them as an effective replacement.

The information you need to use these other apps will involve your router's public IP address and the camera stream URLs."

I have six Ucam Cameras in two different locations which have run faultlessly (On Desktop & Mobile Phone) both internally and remotely until UCam dropped P2P/UID support totally unannounced. I have tried Anyscene to no avail. The beauty of P2P - UID is that Port Forwarding & DDNS is not required. I cannot fine any other apps that support P2P and UID's. Adobe dropping Active X has not helped some of the functionality when using Camera setup in Web Browsers. Any ideas? The P2P application is totally free. Is it a case of P2P/UID providers looking for paid support in future?

I have six Ucam Cameras in two different locations which have run faultlessly (On Desktop & Mobile Phone) both internally and remotely until UCam dropped P2P/UID support totally unannounced. I have tried Anyscene to no avail. The beauty of P2P - UID is that Port Forwarding & DDNS is not required. I cannot fine any other apps that support P2P and UID's. Adobe dropping Active X has not helped some of the functionality when using Camera setup in Web Browsers. Any ideas? The P2P application is totally free. Is it a case of P2P/UID providers looking for paid support in future?
This is exactly the issue I have on 5 cameras - all working seemlessly .. and then gone! I have NOT found an alternative that gives the same functionality (alerts, recording locally to the SIM etc). It s a bit of a nightmare - all I can do is go check the cameras regularly versus being made aware of any issues / alerts proactively.

To be honest with you, I'm absolutely appalled at the lack of support and withdrawal of P2P services. The answers we get are obstructive and unhelpful, referring to "their P2P service provider". Not naming it or saying what the issues are and whether the issues are being worked on.

I haven't (either) found a working alternative and Anyscene fails in the same way as the uCam247 app. Only random connectivity, though I can access all my 6 camera using their IP addresses. But, with no "flash" support, no bloody video either, so can't modify motion detection areas.

Sometimes some cameras connect via P2P and sometimes the same cameras fail, using either app. One camera never connects even though I can access it through it's remote IP address.

The sale of good act states that support, either parts or technical, must be maintained for 8 years from the date that the equipment is withdrawn from sale.

I'd be interested if anyone has found a working app for using UID/P2P access.

I've got about £600 tied up in my camera security with uCam 247.

To be honest with you, I'm absolutely appalled at the lack of support and withdrawal of P2P services. The answers we get are obstructive and unhelpful, referring to "their P2P service provider". Not naming it or saying what the issues are and whether the issues are being worked on.

I haven't (either) found a working alternative and Anyscene fails in the same way as the uCam247 app. Only random connectivity, though I can access all my 6 camera using their IP addresses. But, with no "flash" support, no bloody video either, so can't modify motion detection areas.

Sometimes some cameras connect via P2P and sometimes the same cameras fail, using either app. One camera never connects even though I can access it through it's remote IP address.

The sale of good act states that support, either parts or technical, must be maintained for 8 years from the date that the equipment is withdrawn from sale.

I'd be interested if anyone has found a working app for using UID/P2P access.

I've got about £600 tied up in my camera security with uCam 247.

Absolutely - am in exact same position and at the point of considering a switch and saying good bye to the recent investment in these things.
I did hear from the Reolink support team - that they think their service may work (as they use the same P2P/UID tech) .. so have downloaded the IOS app .. but I cannot check until I am on the same LAN as the cameras (they are remote from me at a holiday home). Can you give that a try?

Back