01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Devices ending support...

I tried the app. Firstly it couldn’t detect any cameras on my wifi network, and I have 2 here in the UK.

Next I tried manually entering the UID and also scanning the QR code.

Both methods failed to connect I’m afraid !!!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for replacement cameras please.

No, as long as the cameras are connected to your Wifi router abroad, it will find them. Yesterday I connected all my cameras, in Latvia, to it. You need the password obviously.
I have 2 remote cameras also. I have installed Anyscene but it just says Connecting and never connects. My cameras were bought in 2014 and 2015. Maybe they are too old. The older one had to be connected to the router with a cable to upgrade whereas the newer one can be upgraded over wi-fi so there are differences with newer models. How old are yours?
I have ftp uploads to a web page and email alerts still work but no access to live. Also I could turn off email alerts remotely through cameralive when we had guests but that's nolonger possible.

Hello all ... you might be my salvation.

I have 6 ucam247 cameras ( 4 x model NC328W-IR-1080P and 2 X NC308SW-1080P) set up at a small house in France. They are there to keep on eye on it while I am here in the UK!

Anyway, turns out that ucam247 are pulling support ... and the IoS app no longer sends motion signals and the desktop software doesnt work!

I have been told I can keep using the hardware .. but need to shift to another software / app to use the functions .. as apparently they use the same set up and mechanisms as other cameras.

I have no idea where to move to and how to set it up!

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Darren
I'm in the same boat. I have one Ucam247 and two Phycam cameras. Phycam are identical and were manufactured by the same people in China.

Yesterday, I noticed that P2P stopped working and I can only view the video feed if I'm on my home network.

Push notifications stopped months ago so I had to set up email alerts which go straight to the excellent PUSHOVER app which generates push notifications. It just adds about 10 seconds to the delay. I can live with that.

I have my own theories about what went wrong at Ucam247 and Phycam but I strongly suspect it was the demise of Adobe Flash. As you know, their cameras relied heavily on Flash and it was likely impossible to retro-patch their firmware. That was probably game over for them.

I'm switching to Reolink cameras. They're as good as it gets these days.

I'm in the same boat. I have one Ucam247 and two Phycam cameras. Phycam are identical and were manufactured by the same people in China.

Yesterday, I noticed that P2P stopped working and I can only view the video feed if I'm on my home network.

Push notifications stopped months ago so I had to set up email alerts which go straight to the excellent PUSHOVER app which generates push notifications. It just adds about 10 seconds to the delay. I can live with that.

I have my own theories about what went wrong at Ucam247 and Phycam but I strongly suspect it was the demise of Adobe Flash. As you know, their cameras relied heavily on Flash and it was likely impossible to retro-patch their firmware. That was probably game over for them.

I'm switching to Reolink cameras. They're as good as it gets these days.
Thanks for the tip about Reolink. One of mine has stopped completely in the last few days so I will probably need to replace it. Although the other one continues to upload pictures to my web page and send email alerts. I noticed before there was an identical one for sale though not under the ucam247 name so I was thinking maybe that would work so thanks for saving me from going down that route.

I have over 20 ucam247 camera's in different locations, and initially thought the problem as to why I could not access the cameras remotely was some fault with the router's until I came across this forum, and found the information here very useful. However I tried using some of the apps suggested "Anyscene , IPcam etc etc" without any success.
On googling I found an app "Ucam Pro" which cost £4.99 and the ucam247 is listed in its approved camera's worked with all my cameras no problem. In some ways it is an improvement on the ucam247 app, as when i opened the ucam247app I had to wait till all the camera's loaded as with the Ucam Pro I can select which camera I want to view without loading all 20.
Hope some of this info is helpful as a way of saying THANK YOU for all the information I have got from reading different posts

I have over 20 ucam247 camera's in different locations, and initially thought the problem as to why I could not access the cameras remotely was some fault with the router's until I came across this forum, and found the information here very useful. However I tried using some of the apps suggested "Anyscene , IPcam etc etc" without any success.
On googling I found an app "Ucam Pro" which cost £4.99 and the ucam247 is listed in its approved camera's worked with all my cameras no problem. In some ways it is an improvement on the ucam247 app, as when i opened the ucam247app I had to wait till all the camera's loaded as with the Ucam Pro I can select which camera I want to view without loading all 20.
Hope some of this info is helpful as a way of saying THANK YOU for all the information I have got from reading different posts
Thank you for the info. Can you access them initially without being on the camera network? Mine are in Portugal and I won't be there for a while.

Thank you for the info. Can you access them initially without being on the camera network? Mine are in Portugal and I won't be there for a while.
Yes you can access the camera's, however you will need to know the IP address of the router/camera in Portugal, then its just a case of putting that info into the app, and the port # of the camera Hope this helps

Yes you can access the camera's, however you will need to know the IP address of the router/camera in Portugal, then its just a case of putting that info into the app, and the port # of the camera Hope this helps
Is it only available for Apple? I have Android. Can you give me the website URL. There are quite a few different references to Ucam Pro.

Is it only available for Apple? I have Android. Can you give me the website URL. There are quite a few different references to Ucam Pro.
It is available for both apple & andriod If you go to their web site www.ubtek.com the app as it is the third one down from the top. Should you require any further help please do not hesitate to ask. It certainly has been a life saver for me, did not fancy having to replace all the cameras. Good Luck

Does UcamPro have proper push notifications for motion alerts or does it rely on a camera's email alert system.
Proper push notifications are almost instantaneous but email alerts can be delayed, sometimes for hours.

I have only been using the app for the last 24hrs, and just getting my usual email alerts, which are virtually instantaneous when there is activity is detected.
So I think it is best you visit the web site www.ubntek.com which has a lot of information as to what the app can achieve

I don't know the IP address so I will have to wait until I can get to where the cameras are. Presumably you need a static IP address otherwise if the router was rebooted it would change? I believe you can achieve this with a VPN.
If you can access any of your cameras using the ucam247 app, then go advanced setting and the remote IP will be shown along with the local IP. But you are quite correct stating the IP will change should the router reboot’s and will require a VPN or DDNS to enable you to have a static IP

Thanks metroman. Have downloaded the ucampro app and will test it tomorrow when I'm back home.
Ive been having the same issue as everyone else for about 4 weeks now.
lost both my cameras although can still access them while at home on the same network.
initially I thought it was an issue with EE but it appears not.
the link for those looking for it is..

Well I've installed the ucampro app, I can connect to my 2 UCam247 cameras on the local network but not remotely on 4G. So I'm still no better off, in fact I'm currently £4.99 worse off lol
Looks like it's time to look for some new cameras

As your phone has a dynamic I.P., to access your camera remotely you will have to subscribe to a dns service, which will keep track of the phones changing IP. So you would put something like mycamera.dyndns.me in the remote section of the app, and register the current I.P. with the dyndns server which will deal as an when your dynamic ip changes on your phone Hope this is of some help Good Look

Also Put 8150(1)(2)(3) depending on how many cameras you have up in the port section of the app

The bottom line is that, sadly, Ucam247 and Phycam (identical) cameras have become redundant.
P2P is gone forever. UPNP likewise. Push notifications are no longer supported by Google Play or Apple.
Email alerts are still running, however.

I've bitten the bullet and replaced mine with Reolink cameras except for one.
I kept one to monitor a bird feeder in our garden.
I don't need remote access to it and if a rat appears after dusk, I have configured it to send its email to a 3rd party app called PUSHOVER.
Pushover immediately sends a push notification, just like Ucam247 used to do. It has even received permission from Apple and Google to send alerts as Emergency Notifications (if you wish) that will over-ride Do Not Disturb and the mute switch. That takes some doing!

There's a slight delay of about 10 seconds which is better than unreliable email apps, including Gmail. It also allows you to upload a unique mp3 that will be your alert sound. I highly recommend it. It has a 30-day free trial after which it costs $4.99. It's worth every penny in my opinion. ( Pushover: Simple Notifications for Android, iPhone, iPad, and Desktop )

If you need remote access, there really is no option but to go elsewhere. Reolink and Hikvision do an excellent job and have most of the features that made us love Ucam247 and Phycam devices.

A recent event. Without Pushover's alert, this chap would have cleared the table and invited all of his pals to join in. He didn't get the chance. BOOM!
vlcsnap-2021-05-04-01h34m57s972.png

Last edited:
Back