01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Lost connection and cannot reconnect

ChrisK

First of all please can i say that i am far from technically minded when it comes to this so please bear with me.

i have a DS-7204HQHI-SH DVR , Virgin Media, using No-IP for DDNS as i use ivms 4500 on my mobile phone.

all was working fine until about 4 days ago when i failed to connect on my phone. nothing that i know of had chained vrigin or NOIP wise. the dvr and cameras are still working and recording but i cannot see them on my phone.

within the setting on the DVR it says connection to Server failed and it says that it is also offline.

no matter what i do i cannot get it to work.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Did you resolve the issue? If not, the first thing to try is rebooting the DVR (and your router if applicable) and check if the NOIP connection status changes. Else, consider the following:
Your DVR should have EZVIZ Cloud P2P support (according to the latest firmware release). Latest firmware found here.
EZVIZ (HikConnect) is probably the better way to go. Once you have created an account, add the DVR using the serial number. You can then disable DDNS on your DVR. Find and enable the EZVIZ settings on your DVR and see if it makes a connection. If all goes well, use iVMS-4500 to log into your Hikconnect account and the DVR/cameras will be listed.

Hi Stewart,

firstly thankyou for your assistance.
secondly i have not yet resolved the issue as i tend to give up after about 2 hours each day.
i have rebooted both the DVR and Router to no avail.
i have already created an account on Hik connect but when i input the serial number it just tells me the evice is not online. however when i check the net on the dvr it says it is connected it is sending packets but not recieving anything back.
this is all gobbledegook to me lol

i can see all my 4 cameras on the dvr on a screen but cannot seem to recover them onto my IVMS4500 anymore.

i am not sure if all the settings are correct so would probably benefit from starting from scratch.

i am on virgin with a new Hub 3.0 i have all the ports forwarded and it all worked up until last week and as far as i know nothing changed anywhere, all i was getting was connection could not be made on IVMS4500.

any help is greatly appreciated

i started again as suggested however i think the problem may well be that my dvr is not connecting to my network. no matter what ports i forward it just does not seem to want to connect.

if i turn off dhcp on hikvision it automatically sets the ipv4 to 192.0.0.64 and on the hub 3 to reserve an ip it only gives me the option the change the last 2 digits i.e 192.168.0.**

only way i can set an ip that is within this range is for me to enable dhcp in dvr.

Back