01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Low light IP camera selection for live music filming help !!

sergioc

Hi

I need help to find an appropriate IP camera/s that has a good FOV, zoom capabilities and is suitable for indoor filming of live music events, so with good low light capabilities, light brightness variations, autofocus etc. I need a mid-range, minimum full HD, 4k would also be great. Cant be an expensive brand like sony or any other A brand as we need a lot of quantities for a specific project. Any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Hi @sergioc

A popular model for streaming and live events is the AXIS V5915 PTZ as it features HDMI out and supports audio input, but being AXIS it is quite expensive. Unfortunately, there will not be another option that is as simple to set up for streaming as AXIS but if you are competent with network settings and setting up a live stream then you can use pretty much any model, if that is the case then we would recommend something like the Hikvision DS-2CD2H45G1-IZS 4MP Varifocal Turret

Hi Dan , thanks you very much for the reply. The Axis is way out of my budget. Do you think the Hikvision would be feasible to film live music in a venue with varying light levels? I found this camera at Mevo.com, looks interesting. Any other suggestions?

Potentially the Hikvision camera will work for what you want, but IP cameras as a whole are not designed for scenarios where light levels are changing drastically very quickly. As long as the stage lighting is not changing too much you shouldn't have too much of an issue but really it is an area we have very little experience with.

Hi @sergioc

A popular model for streaming and live events is the AXIS V5915 PTZ as it features HDMI out and supports audio input, but being AXIS it is quite expensive. Unfortunately, there will not be another option that is as simple to set up for streaming as AXIS but if you are competent with network settings and setting up a live stream then you can use pretty much any model, if that is the case then we would recommend something like the Hikvision DS-2CD2H45G1-IZS 4MP Varifocal Turret
Do not go for 4Mp as the sensor is OV which is very bad at low light. Go for 5Mp with Sony IMX335 with F1.0 lens, almost starlight quality.

Do not go for 4Mp as the sensor is OV which is very bad at low light. Go for 5Mp with Sony IMX335 with F1.0 lens, almost starlight quality.
Could you clarify the exact models you are referring to please? I just don't want to confuse the user asking the question especially as the 5MP 2H55FWD is now E-O-L and the 2H45G1 is part of the latest G1 range of varifocal turrets which all would appear to use the same 1/2.5" CMOS sensor (which is actually fractionally larger than the 1/2.9" sensor from the 2H55)

Have you actually opened up and seen or had it confirmed by Hikvision support that the latest 2H45G1 VF Turrets actually use older, lower sensitivity sensors than the 2H55?

Could you clarify the exact models you are referring to please? I just don't want to confuse the user asking the question especially as the 5MP 2H55FWD is now E-O-L and the 2H45G1 is part of the latest G1 range of varifocal turrets which all would appear to use the same 1/2.5" CMOS sensor (which is actually fractionally larger than the 1/2.9" sensor from the 2H55)

Have you actually opened up and seen or had it confirmed by Hikvision support that the latest 2H45G1 VF Turrets actually use older, lower sensitivity sensors than the 2H55?
Sorry, did not realised your 4Mp is 1/2.5" sensor. Was comparing 4Mp DS-2CD1043G0-I (1/3") to 5Mp DS-2CD1053G0-I(1/2.7") entry level model.

Reactions: Dan
Back