01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

LPR not saving images to NVR

Penfold0101

Hello!

Thanks for such an ace forum, I’ve been lurking and reading for a day or two, i've not been able to find an answer to my problem and i was wondering if anyone can offer me a little help.......

We hired a professional to set up a CCTV network of around 16 cams + 1 LPR. everything appears to be working perfectly except for the LPR cam.

We have a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS with firmware V5.4.2 build 160831 plugged into a DS-7716NI-E4 / 16P with V3.4.1 build 151225 firmware.

When I log into the camera and watch the live feed most number plates are getting picked up, the odd square motor bike plate gets missed but we can live with that.

When I log into the NVR and go to the picture tab for the NPR camera the system finds 3 images. Over the same period the real time LPR result shows 37 images of number plates.
can any one tell me whats stopping all the images being saved to the NVR when the LPR Camera is seeing them?

Thanks for any and all help.

P.

Hi,

Step one - please update your firmware to the latest versions and check again.

The latest firmware for the 4A26 ANPR firmware is V5.4.5 - ask your installer for this.

For your NVR it's V3.4.98:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I'd advise that you also update any other cameras on your system at this time too - older firmware can be vulnerable to hacking.

Ok, i will see what i can do to get the firmware updated.
How safe is a firmware update for Hikvision? Will the NVR or Cam come back with factory settings?

Also with a google search i found what claims to be the firmware for the ANPR on the hikvision website....
is that the right firmware for the cam? id rather try this my self than getting the installers involved.

Thanks again for the help.
P.

How safe is a firmware update for Hikvision? Will the NVR or Cam come back with factory settings?
No, your settings will be retained.

Also with a google search i found what claims to be the firmware for the ANPR on the hikvision website....
is that the right firmware for the cam? id rather try this my self than getting the installers involved.
It looks correct.
They never used to publish it at the portal.

Hello!

Thanks for such an ace forum, I’ve been lurking and reading for a day or two, i've not been able to find an answer to my problem and i was wondering if anyone can offer me a little help.......

We hired a professional to set up a CCTV network of around 16 cams + 1 LPR. everything appears to be working perfectly except for the LPR cam.

We have a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS with firmware V5.4.2 build 160831 plugged into a DS-7716NI-E4 / 16P with V3.4.1 build 151225 firmware.

When I log into the camera and watch the live feed most number plates are getting picked up, the odd square motor bike plate gets missed but we can live with that.

When I log into the NVR and go to the picture tab for the NPR camera the system finds 3 images. Over the same period the real time LPR result shows 37 images of number plates.
can any one tell me whats stopping all the images being saved to the NVR when the LPR Camera is seeing them?

Thanks for any and all help.

P.

Just my experience and this might not apply to you depending on where you are. In South Africa we can't load the latest firmware for our LPR's. We have to first load a baseline firmware then a region specific firmware. Hikvision provides these via a FTP link to us. We have a certain font and plate size that isn't EU/US compatible.

Also, I don't think the LPR keeps the real-time plates for very long. One option until you get the NVR capturing correctly is to install a 16GB microsd in the LPR. It will save hundreds if not more of plate captures.

Have you checked on your NVR: Menu>Cameras>VCA>Vehicle Detection? Are the lane lines correctly positioned? LPR's can be tricky to setup correctly. Any chance the installer can assist you?

Hi, I'm Back!
Thought i'd update people on how i got on.

StewartM - Thanks for the ideas. i am in the UK. i had checked and rechecked every setting in Vehicle Detection and then went through all settings using the guide from this very site.

We did two things... as a work around, because I was waiting on answers from the installer. We set up a NAT as an FTP Server and set the camera to on an alert upload the image via FTP to our network storage.

Then after a week of no real help from the team that put it in the kit, i updated the firmware on the DVR and then i attempted to update the NPR, apparently Phil that is not the firmware for our camera as installation failed with a version mismatch.
But updating the DVR was enough to get the camera and recorder working together. low light, half light, night time, fog. it appears to be capturing them all.

From now on firmware first kids!

Thanks for all the help.
P.

P.S. we also have a DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P at our other depot that has never been updated, anyone know what the latest firmware is for that one?

Hi, I'm Back!
Thought i'd update people on how i got on.

StewartM - Thanks for the ideas. i am in the UK. i had checked and rechecked every setting in Vehicle Detection and then went through all settings using the guide from this very site.

We did two things... as a work around, because I was waiting on answers from the installer. We set up a NAT as an FTP Server and set the camera to on an alert upload the image via FTP to our network storage.

Then after a week of no real help from the team that put it in the kit, i updated the firmware on the DVR and then i attempted to update the NPR, apparently Phil that is not the firmware for our camera as installation failed with a version mismatch.
But updating the DVR was enough to get the camera and recorder working together. low light, half light, night time, fog. it appears to be capturing them all.

From now on firmware first kids!

Thanks for all the help.
P.

P.S. we also have a DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P at our other depot that has never been updated, anyone know what the latest firmware is for that one?

A great resource for firmware links (and so much more) is this forum. Have a look here:
Hikvision Firmware for your NVR
Which points here:
Firmware for DS-7616NI-I2
1538661487599.png

Back