01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mac OS Monterey and libHCNetSDK.dylib[7] error - new to forum

DavidH1964

Hi - I'm new to forum and relatively inexperienced with HikVision etc so please be gentle.

I had 4 cctv cameras and DVR fitted over 12 months ago with the accompanying iPhone HikVision app and iVMS 4200 on my MacBook.
All has been fine and I am ok updating the 4 camera etc via the 4200 to move and modify the line crossing alerts.

The 4200 app seems to have been fine through software upgrades etc on the Mac.
I have recently upgraded to a new MacBook Pro and everything worked fine after the Time Machine data transfer etc.
2 days ago I suddenly started getting error code libHCNetSDK.dylib[7] (Connecting to device failed. The device is offline or the network times out)

Nothing has changed that could have introduced this error as far as I am aware and I confirm it has been working since I upgraded the Mac etc and to Monterey.

The cameras etc all still work via the phone app so that leads me to assume all the connectivity is still there from the camera to the control unit to the DVR and the home router.
The error code seems to suggest an IP error - but no parameters have changed !

In the Device Management tab in the app the device is still listed - but the network status indicates a no entry sign.
I have restarted the app/Macbook etc and it doesn't change anything.
There is a message that flashes up during the app start up which my be the one asking about allowing remote connections but it disappears to quickly to read it and there is no way to retrieve it.

Any suggestions please ?

Hi - if there are no easy answers to this - how straightforward is it to delete and re-add the device ?

Thanks

Hi @DavidH1964

It may be that the firewall on your new MacBook is blocking iVMS-4200.

To check this, go to:

System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options

Then, make sure that iVMS-4200 is added to the list of allowed apps for 'incoming connections' - use the Add Application (+) button to do so if it isn't.

Also, make sure that you have the latest firmware installed on the DVR, and that the gateway address set on it is still correct.

Thanks for the response @Kyle
I've checked the firewall settings and they are fine.

How do check the firmware version on the DVR and the gateway address ?
I obviously can't get to the device via iVMS but I can get to settings on the device via the phone app.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @DavidH1964

Have you actually tried selecting the NVR from the device management page in iVMS-4200 and tried opening Remote Configuration?

Hi @Dan - yes. When you click on Remote Configuration it brings up the Processing pop up box but then hangs for a couple of seconds and generates the .dylib error code in the bottom right of the screen.

Hi @Dan - sorry for the delay.
I have got the SADP tool up and running and it confirms the gateway is correct.
It makes sense that is all ok as I can still access the cameras and the DVR (watch and download clips) which I wouldn't expect to do if that IP was corrupt.

This makes me think it must be something to dot with iVMS-4200 software on the Mac ?

Ok - I've fixed it.
And it was probably something I should have checked initially.
I logged onto my home router to check which IP address the DVR was connected on (it's actually connected via a TP link booster into one of the ethernet ports). The port was different than the one in the listed in the network parameter field against the device in Device Management.

I updated it in device management and hey presto all back again !

I suppose I didn't appreciate that if you swap the ethernet ports about you would have to amend the IP address of the device as it would dynamically update.
As I say it's something I should have checked initially but it didn't appear to impact it immediately when I moved the router ports about (after getting a new TV cabinet) so I just dismissed it !

Thanks for responding @Dan and @Kyle - very useful website this.

Back