01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

maximum video nvr hikvision distance

ste92

hello I have a nvr hikvision 7608 ni i2, I have to bring the video output signal to 160 meters, will I be able to see my cameras?

hello I have a nvr hikvision 7608 ni i2, I have to bring the video output signal to 160 meters, will I be able to see my cameras?

Standard network/PoE signal can only travel 100m, the NVRs PoE ports will only push 100m. If you want to go beyond 100m you will need to use a separate PoE Switch with extended PoE range or a PoE Extender like the below products:

Hikvision Extended PoE Switch
D-Link PoE Extender

Actually, by "video output signal" do you mean the NVR's HDMI/VGA connections?
If so, you will definitely need 'gadgets' to extend to 160m, and I'm not sure how far you can achieve.
Have a web search for extending VGA and/or extending HDMI and see what's possible available.
(we don't sell any solutions for this)

If extending the VGA signal then you can run it over Cat5E cable with vga to ethernet converters at both ends.

Can we do the same with HDMI and USB port?
Run it over Cat5E I mean, so we can use the mouse and a TV as monitor?

You’ll need to check the max distances for hdmi and usb. Usb is quite short.

Alternatively Just access the nvr via its IP address and login to it through a web browser.

If extending the VGA signal then you can run it over Cat5E cable with vga to ethernet converters at both ends.
thanks, but is it possible up to how many meters? I need to see the cameras at 160 meters, do they work with lan converters for vga or hdmi?
if I want to see on another screen near the nvr, can I see the cameras on both monitors, or just on one?

Back