01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight cameras on HikVision NVRs?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
We completed our video capture tests with the Milesight 2MP mini-PTZ yesterday.
A video review of the mini-PTZ will be uploaded to YouTube soon.
Today, because everyone will ask, a quick test of Milesight cameras on a HikVision NVR.
It worked very well via ONVIF.
Using the bottom of the range HikVision 7604-K NVR (on the latest V3.4.96 firmware).
It was simple to add both the Milesight mini-PTZ and 4K bullet camera.
All controls worked well, including PTZ and setting & recalling presets and tours.

Milesight 2MP mini-PTZ on HikVision NVR 14-11-17.png
Milesight 4K bullet on HikVision NVR 14-11-17.png
2MP mini-PTZ and the 4K bullet camera.

Hello, I have the DS-7616NI-I2 NVR, and 2 of the Milesight vandal-proof mini domes are not showing the name, or date/time stamp. I will be purchasing the 4 - 5MP mini vandal-proof bullets to connect this NVR. I am finding a lot of features do not work with this NVR.

milesight.JPG

milesight2.JPG

milesight3.JPG

Hi,

the issue with the OSD not displaying when you are viewing multiple streams can be fixed by ticking the "copy to other streams" boxes at the bottom of the OSD settings page (see our screenshot), when you view multiple streams you will actually be streaming the secondary or tertiary streams (this is why the resolution of each camera decreases as you view more cameras at one time), but when you return to just viewing one camera then you return to the higher resolution primary stream.

The idea of having multiple streams is to reduce the strain on your network (e.g. if you had 16 4K cameras on an NVR you could stream them all in 4K resolution at the same time)

If you can't see these settings you may need to update your camera's firmware.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 14.05.49.png

Also with the night time performance have you tried adjusting the IR and image settings to improve the performance, the Milesight cameras have some of the most extensive image adjustments & settings of any IP camera we sell.

Thank you, I update the firmware on the Hikvision NVR that resolved the OSD. I ordered 4 of the vandal-proof mini bullets, that will make a 8 total IP camera on my home network. I will 6 Milesight and 2 Hikvision cameras. I am looking at replacing the Hikvision NVR with the Milesight UI-7016-B 16 Channel 4K NVR. Should I be worried about the difference of the outgoing bandwidth?

Hi, Bandwidth shouldn't really be an issue as the Hikvision & Milesight cameras both support H.265+ compression which massively reduces the bandwidth that each camera uses, this forum post will help explain the bandwidth reduction produced by H.265+

Back