01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight Mini NVR has disconnected from Mobile app after Firmware Update

blodia

... after upgrading my mini poe nvr to latest firmware i can no longer connect to the nvr through the android app m-sight pro or i-sight. i was using p2p and it just says failed to connect, i tried adding the nvr by ip address and it just gets stuck on "connecting" forever. i can connect fine through my pc and mobile browser. even if the nvr is in the dmz it doesn't work so ports are not an issue. i reset the nvr to factory settings, no luck.

Hi @blodia

Can you provide more information

What NVR model do you have?
What Firmware are you running?

hi, the model is ui-1009-pa, i upgraded from the previous latest firmware to 72.9.45.7-r3 (been upgrading to each new one as they've been released). i had no issues with the previous firmware and cant even find it to downgrade(if thats even possible).
i checked the latest update date on the play store for the apps which in march 6, i'm guessing its some kind of compatability issue with the latest firmware but no one else seems to have mentioned any issues, reinstalling the apps make no difference but trying to setup p2p gives an error code -1005, before reinstalling it would just say "failed to connect to some devices".

Ok, have the network settings of NVR changed at all during the process of updating the NVR firmware? we have seen on some occasions that the IP and gateway address of the device will default to 192.168.5.xxx after a firmware update.

Also, in the NVRs network settings are DNS set correctly? If you don't have your own DNS that you use they should set as follows:

Prefered DNS - 8.8.8.8
Alternative DNS - 8.8.4.4

all the nvr settings are the same as before the firmware upgrade, the preferred dns was correct but alternate was blank so i just added it but didn't make a difference. as i mention before i can access the web interface fine even on mobile, its just the mobile app, the new firmware doesn't seem to work with it(for me anyway).

Hi @blodia

I have spoken to Milesight support and they would like to organise a TeamViewer session with you.

If you follow the above link you can download TeamViewer and then if you can please drop us an email to info@use-ip.co.uk we will put you in direct contact with our Milesight contact who will organise a time when you are both free for them to access your system remotely.

After exhausting most options messing with router settings, nvr settings and my phone i managed to get it working with a simple fix. it turns out the firmware messed something up relating to my password, it worked fine on the nvr and web interface but not the mobile app, since the app doesn't tell you if your wrong is password there was no way to know. i changed the nvr password to abc12345 to see if it worked and voila it did, i changed the password back to my original and it still works fine.
i don't know why the mobile app wasn't getting the correct password, maybe thats something you could pass on to milesight and they can look into for future firmware updates. i'm kind of glad i fixed it before seeing your reply dan, really wouldn't want to have to give a stranger access to my pc. thanks for the help either way.

Reactions: Dan
Hi @blodia

Good to hear you got it fixed, it sounds like a similar issue to what I described with firmware sometimes resetting the device IP address and gateway, but we have never seen it change the password in the app. I have passed this on to Milesight for them to investigate and fix the issue for future firmware updates.

Back