01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight NVR - browser & app compatibility

jamesb

I'm considering purchasing a Milesight NVR (probably this one: Milesight UI-1009-PA 4K 9 Channel Mini PoE Network Video Recorder), and 2-3 Milesight dome cameras

I need to be able to access the NVR (live view and recordings) through an android tablet (Samsung Tab A). But I will also access the NVR from a Windows machine. I assume there are Android and Windows apps that can enable this?

What is the status of Milesight and their compatibility with web browsers? (I use chrome & firefox only & don't want to install plugins). I believe Milesight cameras might now support browsers without plugins, but what about their NVR?

Would I be better off with a Synology box? To reiterate I will use Android tablet and Windows predominantly, but I would be happier with a product that has widest compatibility and receives regular security updates

Milesight's 'no plugin' solution is not ready yet - we have been advised 'by December'.
Other manufacturers too - such as Hikvision - have yet to solve this.

Synology offer a windows program that is browser independent:
"Surveillance Station Client is a desktop utility which provides quick, simple and powerful way to access Surveillance Station on your Synology products. With this utility, you can now enjoy smoother live-view experience, improved performance while launching different applications, and be free from browser limitations. "

Also, an Android App (DS cam).

They also keep their NAS boxes and their Surveillance Station solution up-to-date, with at least annual refreshes.
Synology also have very wide camera compatibility:
Surveillance Station IP Camera Support List | Synology Inc.

You can view a Live demo here - Synology Live Demo

Please bear in mind that each Synology box ships with two free camera licences.
To add additional cameras you will need to purchase extra licences (£46 +VAT each, or less for four-packs and eight-packs).
Camera Licenses ¦ use-IP Ltd

Back