01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight - struggling with the initial network setup steps for my NVR

So, if you look at my screenshot above.
That shows the NVR on my home network.
My router/gateway address is 192.168.2.1
My router's domain range runs from my router's address to 192.168.2.255
Any address in that range 1-255 is said to be in your domain range
The NVR is set to IP address 192.168.2.200

how do we find out the range to be able to pic one ? is it always port 80, and what is DNS

Only change the settings I mention please.
What is your router's IP address please?

OK, enter that in the Gateway field.
Try setting the IP address to 192.168.1.25
The tool will tell us if that address is already used.
Click the Modify button, and hopefully it will confirm success?

i will phone office tomorrow in the hope to speak with some one , i think I'm closer but not there yet

Did you enter your settings via the Smart Tools program?
Or keyboard/mouse/monitor?
Doesn't really matter, I'd just assumed you were using the Smart Tools software on your PC.

What does Smart Tools show now?

If you have successfully added the NVR to your network and set it to IP address 192.168.1.25, then you should be able to open Internet Explorer on your PC and browse to that IP address.

NB - Make sure that you use Internet Explorer not Microsoft's 'Edge' browser. Type 'Internet' into the search box at the bottom right on tour PC and Internet Explorer will appear as an option - click on that.

my device is showing in nvr tools but won't go into it when i put ip address in
yes I'm using the smart tools,

I asked you to set it to 192.168.1.25

i hate windows!! I'm trying to put in internet explorer and it go's to bing search engine

You should see something like this:
(shows my NVR at my IP address)
NVR in IE 6-2-18.png

That's great news - have you managed to login?

its coming up with network error , really appreciate your help but I'm numb now ! i think we've done well,, but could do over phone tomorrow prob a lot quicker

OK
I have a meeting first thing, can you call after 10am please.

just bought mile sight , i have a mac , but I've now got a windows machine , i can't get into the nVR threw any set up wizards. I'm not impressed so far .

Hi, I have a Mac too :) I went a different route to yours and totally avoided the headache in finding the PC for the smart tools etc. Connected a display+keyboard+mouse to the NVR temporarily. Then went to the network menu and checked DHCP active. Then rebooted the NVR, connected to network and the router assigned it the IP address.

Back