01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight VCA with third party cameras.

CanTech

I have been looking at the Milesights NVR and their VCA.
Do you know if it will work with third party cameras over ONVIF?

I have been looking at the Milesights NVR and their VCA.
Do you know if it will work with third party cameras over ONVIF?

Yes, the Milesight system will support ONVIF cameras, but be aware that as ONVIF is a universal standard there will be features specific to certain cameras (Smart compression CODECs, Smart Events, etc...) that you will not be able to use when connecting to the NVR using ONVIF.

Thanks, but would normal Motion Detection work for ONVIF cameras?

Thanks, but would normal Motion Detection work for ONVIF cameras?

I've just checked the Milesight NVRs we have here in the office that has some Hikvision cameras connected via NVIF and unfortunately, a pop-up appears when I try and set up motion detection on the ONVIF cameras. So I think that only basic continuous recording is possible for ONVIF cameras connected to a Milesight NVR.

I really appreciate that you have tested this even if the outcome was not what I wanted to hear.
Thanks!

i have hikvision cameras on my milesight mini nvr. if you set up motion detection directly on the cameras and have them send push notification they will register on the nvr. i couldn't get vca to work though which is what i preferred as motion detection gives too many false positives.
the milesight phone app didn't work with push notifications last time i checked, i use the i-sight app which is almost identical but has working push notifications.

Back