01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Milesight

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
We would like to introduce Milesight for your consideration, our webshop category for this new manufacturer can be found here:
Milesight ¦ use-IP Ltd

Their website here:
Video Surveillance Solution Provider | Milesight

Just a few products of interest:
A tiny silent fanless NVR for up to 9 cameras (uses 2.5" laptop HDDs):
Milesight UI-1009-A 4K 9 Channel Mini Network Video Recorder

A mini-NVR with POE (and a very quiet fan):
Milesight UI-1009-PA 4K 9 Channel Mini PoE Network Video Recorder

A great value top of the range NVR (dual monitor, dual LAN, and RAID):
Milesight UI-8032-B 4K H.265 32 Channel Pro Network Video Recorder

A mini-PTZ:
Milesight UI-5D61-EPCV 5 Megapixel H.265 Mini PoE PTZ Bullet Network Camera
Checkout the YouTube video:

A superb 4K bullet camera:
Milesight UI-8E62-FIPC 4K H.265 Bullet Network Camera

Many of their models have built-in microphones, and from our tests so far these appear to work very well, even outdoors.

Please feel free to discuss features here and/or leave any comments or feedback (positive or negative).

Hi

The milesight range seems competitively priced what’s the quality of image like compared to Hikvision/Dahua etc

Their image quality compares very well.
Trust me, the decision to partner with them has not been taken lightly (we have been approached by many in the last couple of months).
We have a range of cameras on test; mini-dome, dome, mini-PTZ and 4K bullet (as well as a range of NVRs, and testing their VMS, utilities and Apps). Their user interfaces are more modern and pleasing to the eye than many others we have tested, and they seem to permit access to more settings than most, and provide more information than most.
The 4K bullet is exceptional.
We will of course be producing YouTube videos.
It's early days, you're getting a sneaky peek via this forum ;)
We're keen to discuss the range, its pros & cons, and to get initial end-user feedback.

I did see them at ifsec and from what I could tell they seem well made, simple to use and configure. It’s a brand I have been keeping an eye on. I am a installer of CCTV so may be able to supply feedback in future if I do choose this brand.

I think Milesight have been at IFSEC for the last three years.
Yes, very well made - there's a certain heft to their products in your hand which is quite reassuring.
Also well-designed, you can tell that somebody who knows a thing or two about CCTV is involved at the heart of the company/designs. And you can see that they are evolving physical design solutions alongside the technological developments.

Yes, a very feature/function-rich package :)

In all seriousness though, Hik don't offer anything PTZ at that price point. It will be really interesting to see how the picture quality holds up against the EasyIP3.0 range.

We will be capturing test footage for a review of the 2MP mini-PTZ soon.
I guess 2-3 weeks before we post it to YouTube.

Hi,
I have had my first Milesight system test installation running now for almost two weeks and have really positive first impressions.
The system consists of UI-1009-PA Mini NVR + three cameras UI-2A61-EPCV Mini PTZ Bullet, UI-2A62-FIPCV Pro Bullet and UI-2A73-PCV VR Mini Dome.

The purpose of this testing is to find out how well Milesight performs in similar situations where I have previously used Hikvision DS-2CD2xx2 and DS-2CD4xxx Darkfighter cameras and DS-7604xx NVR's.

The overall usability has been much better than I expected to see with a relatively young design. I have demonstrated live and recorded video to several people over a VPN connection to my test network using the M-Sight Pro app on Android phone and iPad. They all were very impressed about the image quality. Especially the Mini PTZ Bullet easily creates a wow effect when I zoom into a detail - even in a dark environment. I think this is a good sign because I have not seen that level of happy faces and feedback while playing videos in iVMS-4500 context.

One of my key requirements for camera is good performance on dark environment without IR lighting. Both 2MP bullets satisfy easily this requirement. They create good low noise color images in dimly lit environment. I am still waiting for proper clear nights and a possibility to compare these with the Hik Darkfighter. The first experiments tell that they are very close. The dark imaging performance of the VR Mini Dome was a slight disappointment. In the paper it has the same 0.002 Lux sensitivity but there is significantly more noise with a special pattern of horizontal lines. I need to ask Milesight because I think this camera could be faulty.

The web user interface in the cameras and the NVR local display UI are logical, fluent and easy to learn. The web UI for the NVR still needs some fine tuning, e.g. more controls for replaying the recorded video. The M-Sight Pro needs also some improvements with the PTZ controls.

NVR has now recorded some 800GB with three continuous video streams. Most of the time it has been very quiet with the fan off. (I have not used the PoE supply of the NVR) The fan has started for some reason twice and stayed on until reboot. The noise level in the room within one meter of the NVR with fan running is about 35dB. (with fan off it is about 25dB)

I have not yet started testing of the advanced VCA functions. I have tried briefly the people counting function and it seems to work.
The robust detection of objects and flexible handling of alarms is a critical requirement and I will soon start this part of testing.
The PTZ Bullet has been tested in a task for recording a time lapse sequence for my neighbour’s construction site. Timed snapshots are send with ftp to a NAS. This was my first experiment in using NAS with CCTV cameras. Earlier I have recorded time lapse sequences to the local SD cards in Hik cameras. Two days of recording and the system has worked fine.

The installation hardware is well designed for the installer who is trying to get the camera fixed high on the wall and has a good quality feel. I like especially the MS-A62 juction box that is usable with both the PTZ Bullet and Pro Bullet cameras.

The VR Mini Dome needs some more testing. If the dark imaging performance can be fixed this could be a good low cost outdoor solution for many situations. The first IR experiences with this camera indicated some tendency for IR bleeding through the dome. The angle adjusting range is not as wide as with e.g. Hik DS-21xx domes. This camera is better with ceiling installation or wall installation using MS-A71 wall mount bracket than directly installed to the wall.

I am happy also with the possibility to use the system in OS X environment :) I had been worrying whether I would have needed to use Windows as happens with some camera brands while setting motion detection regions.

One of recent very rare moments of clear sky :) Here is a snaphot from a recorded video from UI-2A62 Pro Bullet. I think this is not yet the best this camera can achieve, but even with this coarse exposure setting a really good result. Here the dimmest stars are about 5th magnitude. (Cassiopeia on the left and Cygnus on the right side + one meteor :)

Attachments

• 20171218-083900_1_0.jpg
    20171218-083900_1_0.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 717
Hi,
Just before Christmas I was lucky to record a fireball on night sky by using both a Hikvision Darkfighter camera and my new Milesight Pro Bullet UI-2A62. The exposure of both cameras was tuned to observe night sky events. The Darkfighter sampled only 1 frame/s and it was possible to produce only two still images. Milesight imaged at 5fps and this enabled even a usable video sequence. This example shows that the sensitivity of the 2 megapixel cell in Milesight is very good.
2017-12-22-20-42-Milesight.jpg
yonsilma2.jpg

Back