01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mini (PoE) PTZ no web GUI

DanDanDanP

The camera has been running fine, but recently the Web GUI and all video streams have stopped.

Camera is powered by PoE and I've restarted it a few times, it re-appears in the device list on my router, but the Web GUI and Video of the camera doesn't work. In the PoE section of the router (Ubiquiti 16 Port PoE+ switch) I see it's initial boot power draw that's high, then a lower constant draw a few mins after booting. When using the Milesight IPC Tools (v2.4.0.3-r2) I see the camera and the correct IP address etc displayed when discovered and I see broadcast packets in Wireshark.

1626634193541.png

I'm unable to get to the WebGUI, is there anything else I can try before getting the ladders out and trying the reset button that's on the side of the camera housing?

Last edited:
Hi @DanDanDanP

First off I would recommend you update the camera's firmware to the latest version - v41.7.45.78-r1

After updating can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing when logged into the Web GUI?

Hi,

I can't get to the webGUI, what are the other options for updating the firmware?

You should be able to update firmware from Smart Tools.

Once updated can you confirm if you've made any network changes since the last time you were able to access the Web GUI? (e.g. changed Router, changed ISP, etc...)

That doesn't work either, the tool just pauses for a few seconds and says "Cannot access the device", I tried changing the hostname also and it failed.

1626692985955.png

Thanks,
Dan

OK, It looks like it is a network issue.

Can you please use Command Prompt and confirm the router/gateway address of your local network, is your network range actually 192.168.5.xxx?

Hi Dan,

It's not an issue with the actual network devices, or the network configuration as far as I can tell.
There are 3 other cameras on the same VLAN, as well as some other devices, that are all functioning correctly.
On boot they send a DHCP request, and get allocated an IP etc. on the network 192.168.5.0/24 for the VLAN being used.
I've tried the camera on the other VLANS, and I've tried moving the management workstation to the same VLAN as the cameras.
The router is Unifi UDM-Pro, and I can see from the logs that it receives the DHCP request and responds, but the camera webGUI doesn't work.

Ok, I can't think of any other reason why you would be unable to access the IP address of this device. (although in the past we have seen some strange behaviour from IP cameras on VLANs)

The only other thing I could recommend would be to hard reset the camera, if you still see problems after resetting and the camera is still within its 3-year warranty then I would recommend contacting the seller you purchased it from and arranging a return/warranty replacement as it might be faulty.

So I've tried a factory reset, it took a while as I had to order some torx security bits to be able to remove the cover panel.
Held the reset button until a beep, then the camera powered off then back on and did it's self check etc.
The camera acted the same and wouldn't load any management page etc.
Tried powering off after about 10 mins, then removed all VLAN options from the port, and powered it back on, I see the powered draw but I don't see any DHCP request and also the camera doesn't show up in the Milesight Smart Tools app anymore.

Seems like it's dead.

Hi @DanDanDanP

Yes, it sounds like the unit is probably faulty.

As mentioned above we would recommend speaking directly to the supplier you purchased from to confirm if it is within warranty and if it is you can then organise with them a replacement/repair/credit.

Back