01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MIxing cameras.

gtfreight

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a cctv system and have been told to go for the NVR type rather than DVR but as there's so much stuff out there I don't know what I'm looking for.

I live in a semi detached and want 2 cameras at the front, I'm thinking the ones that give a colour picture at night would be best but I think these have a permanent led light on when dark. I would like 1 at the side and 1 at the rear. The side of the house has my next door neighbour's bedroom and a downstairs study in view so I don't want an led light disturbing them so I'm thinking that an infrared camera giving black and white images on the side and at the rear of the property would be better suited. Would I be able to feed both types of camera on to the same system?

Another possibility, if it's available is to have a camera that records in infrared (b&w) but when the motion sensor is triggered an led light comes on to record in colour for the time the led is on.

I'm a new member and know practically nothing on the subject so please go easy with me on tech talk. Before I posted this topic I have done a quick search and found nothing (I may well have been putting the wrong key words in) so I thought I would jump straight in.

Thanks in advance.

Gary.

Last edited:
Would I be able to feed both types of camera on to the same system?
Yes.

There aren't any cameras that have both an infra-red and a white LED built in.

You can install an adjacent standard floodlight triggered by a PIR, which will cause the camera to switch to colour/day when the light comes on.
There will be a loss of useable video for a couple of seconds whilst the camera switches monochrome to colour.

Thanks Phil. I already have a PIR floodlight in the back garden so that makes things easier.

Last edited:
Back