01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion detection issues with new setup

cb918

Good Evening Folks,

I installed my new setup yesterday morning and feel like it went well overall but I've had absolutely no luck with motion detection at all. I feel like I've exhaused all options and would welcome some thoughts on what I may have missed.

I'm using analogue HiLook Turbo cameras with a HiLook branded DVR. I done all the setup remotely via web interface, the camera quality is good, it's recording 24/7 and I have both live view and playback working well on our mobile devices using the HiLook app - downloaded from the Hikvision App Store rather than Google Play Store. I set up the mobile devices using IP.

My intention is to have the DVR record each camera continuously but notify us when there is motion detected in certain zones. My attempt was to get a notification when any motion was detected - I went to Event > Basic Event > Motion and for each camera I enabled motion detection, the arming schedule untouched (All purple/on?) and on the Linkage section selected Notify Surveillance Center. Once saved I thought that was it, but nothing ever shows on either the web interface or mobile app when the cameras have motion.

Is there something I have missed? I've provided more information on the actual DVR and firmware below and some screenshots here.

DVR: DVR-204U-K1
Firmware: V4.30.120 build 200630

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Chris.

I'll start by saying if you get this working and use "notify surveillance centre" it'll drive you nuts with false alerts - shadow, cloud reflections, leaves, insects on a night, car headlights. Pretty much everything (except maybe a fart in the wind) is interpreted as motion.

Looking at your settings:

- I'd only set the grid to cover the area you really need covering
- drop the sensitivity from its default of 60 to 40 or even 20
- the dynamic analysis checkbox is only needed if you want to view on the webpage what's being perceived as motion in the image

Otherwise your settings are fine BUT:

- events will not show in the timeline of the web browser playback menu, you'll just see the solid line for your 24/7 recording. It's just the way it is. If you want to browse events you'll have to use either the locally connected TV/monitor or software on a PC (iVMS-4200)
- Because you've set your phones connection using IP you won't get the push notifications, you have to go through the Hik Connect server to receive push notifications. Push notifications with direct IP or domain connection are not supported. It's a complete pain - I too would rather not be reliant on a third party service when I have my own DYN DNS or a (relatively) static IP address.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I was able to start receiving the alerts via email but as you say, the volume was crazy. I've since enabled line detection and find it does a great job - it would be nice to open the app and go direct to the time movement was detected but entering the timestamp works I guess.

Back