01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion Detection recording not working

ma901mu

Hi All,

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P DVR/NVR with 5 Hikvision cameras installed.

Just recently I rebooted the machine as we had another issue which related to not being able to Live view the cameras via the Hik-Connect app but was able to view from the actual DVR, so the engineer that installed the CCTV system told to reboot the DVR in the first instance however that did not help but we was able to resolve it as it was due to the TP-Link adapter connected to the router that was causing the issue.

Now the issue since the reboot of the DVR, the cameras are not recording or capturing any footage using motion detection but do record footage if I set the cameras to "Continuous" record, why would this be? And how can I revert back to recording footage using motion detection?

One thing to note is the HDD has run out of space and it is on 0MB however Continuous recording still works.

I have rebooted couple of times but still the same, I have not configured anymore of the settings or edited the existing ones even so not sure what has changed.

Any help would be appreciative.

Thank you.

"One thing to note is the HDD has run out of space and it is on 0MB however Continuous recording still works."

Thats normal. The recorder overwrites automaticly older records! Did you set H265 or H265+ under video in the recorder?

Which cameras do you installed/added to the nvr?

"One thing to note is the HDD has run out of space and it is on 0MB however Continuous recording still works."

Thats normal. The recorder overwrites automaticly older records! Did you set H265 or H265+ under video in the recorder?

Which cameras do you installed/added to the nvr?
Hi, the IP cameras are Hikvision make and model is DS-2CD2363G0-I not sure about the H265 setting I will check and revert back.

Thank you.

Did you activated the motion detection under events for every single camera?

Hi, yes I have checked, every single camera has motion detection enabled. Any ideas? Still not getting any motion detection recording.

Furthermore, I was just checking the logs just to see if I can find anything out why this has stopped working. I am seeing alot of "Exception" under Major Type and it says "illegal Login" when I check the details it says the host IP address which I do not recognise and it is based in Italy says illegal username, is someone trying to hack my CCTV system?
===========================================================
Getting back to the issue im having to playback when recorder is set to motion detection, when I go to Parameters and under "Record" it says "Encoding Parameters" Main Stream (Continuous) this should say Motion Detection right?

Last edited:
Hi All, just to update, i've managed to fix the issue.

So basically, for some reason, after the initial reboot of the NVR, the motion detection grid under the camera>>motion was "Cleared" for some reason on all the cameras. So I enabled it back on full screen for all and its back recording on motion detection. Not sure how I did not notice it first or overlooked it ;)

Hope this helps anyone that comes across the same issue even though it seems quite trivial but can be easily missed as in my case.

Back