01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

motion detection still a problem

robint

Hi guys, I have some experience (not very good) with older analog systems - say no more

Im upgrading to a domestic full spec 4/8mp rig cw NVR (Qvis viper 2nd hand) and some 4 poe cameras also 2nds

I will flog my way thru the learning cyrve with some already received wisdom from this board Thnx 10^6

So I see that Hivision is strongly recommended (I have one of their 2mp poe cameras

but I see that the vitally important issue of motion event detection is still a big issue even with HIK

It seems to be fundamentally unreliable

My analog system worked ok except that it had an inbuilt delay of 2s during which the intruder had disappeared from view - so not very helpful

My workaround back then was to use an array of PIR detectors (like those used on floodlights to sound an audible alarm and operate the light. That was reliable

Is there some way to use PIR relays to kick the poe cameras into record? (i dont want to make an alarm) this is intruder surveillance)

cheers and thanx for help so far

obtw for my benefit, where is the motion detecion algorith performed? in camera, DVR?

Last edited:
Basic motion detection is not good. Nobody uses it. If you use line crossing and intrusion detection ("smart events") and spend a little time tweaking them, you will be happy.

Back