01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion parts of images breaking up

Curiosity

I’ve been trying to prevent the frequent breaking up of motion parts of the images from my new Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-LU ColorVu 8MP camera when live viewing or recording via my PC, Synology NAS and Surveillance Station in H265.

The attached image illustrates the issue. I’ve searched for reports of a similar issue without success and still don’t know what the correct term is for it.

The camera is connected to my router via Gigabit Powerline adapters so I’m thinking there should be plenty of bandwidth for a 9 MB/s or so stream for the 8MP camera. There is another 4MP IP camera on the network.

I’ve tried varying all the parameters I thought could be the cause (resolution, frame rate, max bitrate, bitrate type, keyframe interval etc.) but so far without success.

When live viewing with the Hikvision browser at the various camera settings, the same moving objects sometimes stutter a bit but don’t break up.

I’d be most grateful if Forum members could point me in the right direction to solve the problem.

Attachments

• Driveway-20210923-1745314493.jpg
    Driveway-20210923-1745314493.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 161
You do not mention "Exposure Time" (found under Image Settings). If that is to low, that can potentially cause you issues with motion. You might be on a default which is a low value. Try 1/50 but you might need to adjust based on day/night and available light etc.

Martin

Thanks for coming back to me Martin. I've tried winding the exposure time down to 1/150 in the past without there being any improvement with the motion problem. It's currently set at 1/100 and the problem persists.

If it was me, I would want to eliminate the Powerline adapters as a potential cause, either by removing camera and connecting directly to router or by use of a long network cable from router out window to location of camera if possible. Even though they are 1gb PL, could be substantial noise on your electric cables.

Thanks Juiceof2limes. I think you've hit the nail on the head! In desperation, I'd just finished stringing up a direct Cat5e cable connection to the camera when your advice came in. And yes, that seems to have been the problem.

Now all I have to do is work out how to make that connection permanent without having a cable hanging out the window!

Other than that, frustrating problem solved! Thanks again.

Glad you have solved your issue although or should I say identified issue. Good luck with the perm cable installation.

Martin

Back