01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mounting ColorVu Torret camera on pole mounting bracket

kmb786

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,

I purchased a ColorVu Turret camera and the base (4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu) to be mounted on a pole so I also purchased from Amazon the compatible vertical pole mounting bracket (DS-1275ZJ-SUS).

Can someone please advise how the camera is fitted to this bracket before fixing the bracket to the pole with the steel clips.

Also, my pole is smaller in diameter and the clips seem big even when tightened to the max limit so is there any smaller clips I could buy.

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a ColorVu Turret camera and the base (4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU ColorVu) to be mounted on a pole so I also purchased from Amazon the compatible vertical pole mounting bracket (DS-1275ZJ-SUS).

Can someone please advise how the camera is fitted to this bracket before fixing the bracket to the pole with the steel clips.

Also, my pole is smaller in diameter and the clips seem big even when tightened to the max limit so is there any smaller clips I could buy.

Thanks

On the old turrets you just removed the plastic trim ring to expose the three mounting locations. While those three wall mount locations are still available on your newer model - those aren't the ones you use to mate the camera to the bracket. You need to loosen the lock screw clip on the turret and separate the cowl and camera from its base. The fixing holes in the base will then be visible that will align with those in the bracket.

There won't be any smaller clips available but as long as it's tight, I wouldn't worry.

On the old turrets you just removed the plastic trim ring to expose the three mounting locations. While those three wall mount locations are still available on your newer model - those aren't the ones you use to mate the camera to the bracket. You need to loosen the lock screw clip on the turret and separate the cowl and camera from its base. The fixing holes in the base will then be visible that will align with those in the bracket.

There won't be any smaller clips available but as long as it's tight, I wouldn't worry.
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Will have a look.

Thanks

I have just noticed that the steel fastening clips are Big for my pole even when tightened to the maximum. I think my pole diameter is around 20mm so will have to look at some smaller clips.

I have just noticed that the steel fastening clips are Big for my pole even when tightened to the maximum. I think my pole diameter is around 20mm so will have to look at some smaller clips.
That's not a pole that's a piece of conduit!

If you have to mount to that (and I probably wouldn't due to camera movement which will crank up the bitrate used), my recommendation would be to not use the bracket. Mount the camera directly to a suitable flat board and on the rear of that board, fasten 3 galvanised conduit block saddles (available in 20, 25 or 32mm - Toolstation, Screwfix or any electrical wholesaler) That'll allow you to mate it to the narrower pole.

That's not a pole that's a piece of conduit!

If you have to mount to that (and I probably wouldn't due to camera movement which will crank up the bitrate used), my recommendation would be to not use the bracket. Mount the camera directly to a suitable flat board and on the rear of that board, fasten 3 galvanised conduit block saddles (available in 20, 25 or 32mm - Toolstation, Screwfix or any electrical wholesaler) That'll allow you to mate it to the narrower pole.
Hi

The narrow pole is of metal and has a metal tripod type base which I had made several years ago and had my old bullet cameras mounted so the weight is not a problem it’s just the clamp size.

However, I will have a look at your option aswell.

Thanks

Hi

The narrow pole is of metal and has a metal tripod type base which I had made several years ago and had my old bullet cameras mounted so the weight is not a problem it’s just the clamp size.

However, I will have a look at your option aswell.

Thanks
No problem. You may be able to find a generic clamp bracket that you mount the camera to. For a neater installation use the appropriate Hikvision power intake box - DS-1280ZJ-DM21, mount saddles on the rear of that and seal any unused holes.

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 14.19.12.png

No problem. You may be able to find a generic clamp bracket that you mount the camera to. For a neater installation use the appropriate Hikvision power intake box - DS-1280ZJ-DM21, mount saddles on the rear of that and seal any unused holes.

View attachment 4864
Hi

I did actually buy this base box with the camera so are you saying I could actually mount the saddles directly at the rear of this junction box - if so that would make it easier as I don’t have to find a pvc type of board to avoid corrosion.

the pole diameter is roughly 30-35mm so will see if I can get the saddle clamps of this size.

Thanks for your ideas.

Sorry another question - would you recommend the saddles with a clunky or slim base as shown in the attached image

Thanks

80936C64-4333-4B70-8869-B4C2838C5F77.jpeg

Yes that's what I'd recommend - then you can keep the termination inside it without an additional enclosure. The box is only aluminium so very easy to drill and bolt to. I recommend the bulky saddle on the left as the two machine screws go deeper into the tapped block and can be tightened better. You'll preferably want a couple of M5 countersunk machine screws and nylock nuts to secure them to the Hikvision box.

Yes that's what I'd recommend - then you can keep the termination inside it without an additional enclosure. The box is only aluminium so very easy to drill and bolt to. I recommend the bulky saddle on the left as the two machine screws go deeper into the tapped block and can be tightened better. You'll preferably want a couple of M5 countersunk machine screws and nylock nuts to secure them to the Hikvision box.
Great - thank you. Hopefully this will solve my issue.
Thanks

Is this the length size I need in the image.

Attachments

• BC0C5AB9-EF27-4F1C-A7F5-7131AE441EFB.jpeg
    BC0C5AB9-EF27-4F1C-A7F5-7131AE441EFB.jpeg
    564.6 KB · Views: 164
Is the M5 screw and nut for securing the actual bracket to the camera junction box?

What type/length of the two screws do I need to fix the the actual top plate of the saddle as shown in the image of the saddle I sent you.
Thanks

Is the M5 screw and nut for securing the actual bracket to the camera junction box?

What type/length of the two screws do I need to fix the the actual top plate of the saddle as shown in the image of the saddle I sent you.
Thanks

No. The saddle bases would bolt to the back of the camera junction box using the M5 countersunk with M5 nuts inside the box. The correct fixings are supplied with the back box to mount the camera to it.

Thinking about it theres a far easier and more secure way to mount the box to the pole. On Screwfix search U Bolt. They’re available in different sizes - just buy two of those with an internal width just larger than your pole diameter. See link

No. The saddle bases would bolt to the back of the camera junction box using the M5 countersunk with M5 nuts inside the box. The correct fixings are supplied with the back box to mount the camera to it.

Thinking about it theres a far easier and more secure way to mount the box to the pole. On Screwfix search U Bolt. They’re available in different sizes - just buy two of those with an internal width just larger than your pole diameter. See link

Thanks - that would be a lot easier using U bolts. Just need to drill a couple of holes into the junction box for each U bolt - May be fit two of them to make them secure?

thanks

Thanks - that would be a lot easier using U bolts. Just need to drill a couple of holes into the junction box for each U bolt - May be fit two of them to make them secure?

thanks

thanks
That's me all over - come up with a technical solution then discover a far better, easier way when the job is finished lol.

Yes definitely use two of them for security as it will stop the base twisting/skewing on the pole.

That's me all over - come up with a technical solution then discover a far better, easier way when the job is finished lol.

Yes definitely use two of them for security as it will stop the base twisting/skewing on the pole.
It’s a good solution

Ive found one matching closer to my internal width size but not sure about the length - 60mm? Will that not be too long if it’s coming through the junction box?

Back