01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mounting ColorVu Torret camera on pole mounting bracket

It’s a good solution

Ive found one matching closer to my internal width size but not sure about the length - 60mm? Will that not be too long if it’s coming through the junction box?
You'd have to have a look of them. You could chop them down a bit with a junior hacksaw. Just wind them nuts all the way on, chop a bit off the length to suit, then wind the nuts back off to clean the threads - easy enough.

It’s a good solution

Ive found one matching closer to my internal width size but not sure about the length - 60mm? Will that not be too long if it’s coming through the junction box?
You'd have to have a look of them. You could chop them down a bit with a junior hacksaw. Just wind them nuts all the way on, chop a bit off the length to suit, then wind the nuts back off to clean the threads - easy enough.
Thanks

Attachments

• 4997864F-7800-423A-A593-C37F0A0C949D.jpeg
    4997864F-7800-423A-A593-C37F0A0C949D.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 153
I used a u-bolt. Drilled thru mounting box to accept legs from u-bolt, then cut them back a little to just a little more than size of nut. I sealed all holes at rear of box. Pole I have is 40mm dia. I found the HIK pole mount too cumbersome/heavy for my use. I have 2146 HIK mounted this way protruding from conifers. Pole is mounted to wall with 2 heavy duty brackets and approx 1.5m of pole above the 2m wall.

I used a u-bolt. Drilled thru mounting box to accept legs from u-bolt, then cut them back a little to just a little more than size of nut. I sealed all holes at rear of box. Pole I have is 40mm dia. I found the HIK pole mount too cumbersome/heavy for my use. I have 2146 HIK mounted this way protruding from conifers. Pole is mounted to wall with 2 heavy duty brackets and approx 1.5m of pole above the 2m wall.
Thanks Dave

I’ve actually bought the U clamps and the Saddle Distance brackets so will see which is the best option for me when the installer comes and fits the camera next month.

thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just an update - I've had my remaining colorvu cameras installed yesterday and ended up using the saddle clamps to mount the camera on the 25mm pole/pipe which worked really good and was secured.

Therefore, thanks to everyone's ideas.

Back