01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mt DVR is not recording - "The following channel has no files"

Ken0099

Afternoon
Bit of a novice regarding CCTV systems but wondered if anyone could assist.
I managed to get hold of two separate DVDR boxes that we linked to a few cameras when we upgraded our system at work, I installed the cameras and connected the box up and everything worked perfectly for around 3-4 weeks and playback was possible and I was happy the way everything was going then out of the blue when I decided to check some footage on playback I received the message “The following Channel has no files 1-16”
It all worked before and nothing I can think of changed. I wondered if it was a hard drive problem and connected the second box I had and I got a similar message. I have tried resetting to factory settings but still no difference. I don’t have it linked to the internet but it was recording to the drive when
I am thinking it’s lost some setting for some reason but don’t really know how to troubleshoot it, I have some images saved of the settings, does this still sound like a hard drive problem as cameras work perfectly in live view, just won’t allow playback.

any help appreciated.

ken

Attachments

• 6DB99756-F110-44C1-96A6-692D5DFE9BE8.jpeg
    6DB99756-F110-44C1-96A6-692D5DFE9BE8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 506
I'd say you are barking up the right tree e.g. the HDD may have failed, or settings have been changed so that it is no longer recording to the HDD.
I don't recognise the user-interface, but expect you'll find an are in settings where you can confirm that it is set to record all of the cameras all of the time (or whatever).
There may also be some form of HDD status check test.

Back