01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Multiple Remote Screens

intellitech

Hi all,
We recently installed 10 IP cameras (DS-2CD2346G1-I) connected to an NVR (DS-7616NI-K2/16P). We have 4 remote viewing screens across the store on multiple levels and we've used a Dell Optiplex (micro form factor) PC, Intel i5 CPU, running Windows 10 with 8GB of RAM. We've found that some units are struggling with running the Hikvision iVMS-4200 Lite to view the remote cameras on the displays (whether we connect to the camera directly or via the NVR). Sometimes after adding 1 camera to the splitscreen view, and when we try and add another to it, the sofware will simply freeze and the application crashes.

Is there any other solution someone can suggest to get around this issue? The ideal scenarion is to have a small device that can be housed behind the remote screens to display the camera split-screen viewing (3 x 3) matrix or similar.

I saw that Hilook have a small DVR which would be ideal (although it only supports 4 cameras) - not sure if it'll be compatible with the Hikvision setup, but any suggestsions would be appreciated.

The Computer seems strong enough for the IVMS Software. I never used the Lite Software, only the full 4200! Are the computers LAN connectet or over WLAN?

The machines are all connected to a wired LAN (Gigabit), thats not the issue. But the software is very unstable on the PC ... that's why I'm thinking if I can get a small (tiny) NVR in it's place to get away from these issues?

"We've found that some units are struggling with running the Hikvision iVMS-4200 Lite to view the remote cameras on the displays" - these are the Dell Optiplex PCs you mentioned? If so, which i5 generation CPU? Lastly, what format are the cameras on H264 or H265?

The CPU in the Dell are INTEL CORE i5 4590T @ 2.00GHZ

Format of video is H265. I've also tried them with H264 with similar results.

"We've found that some units are struggling with running the Hikvision iVMS-4200 Lite to view the remote cameras on the displays" - these are the Dell Optiplex PCs you mentioned? If so, which i5 generation CPU? Lastly, what format are the cameras on H264 or H265?

You might be running into a limitation of the Haswell's microarchitecture. Intel's Quick Sync's is known to have issues with decoding both H264 and H265 depending on the Intel HD Graphics drivers loaded. If 640x480 is acceptable you could connect to the camera's sub-stream using MJPEG.

Back