01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Mute all iVMS-4200 alarm sounds?

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Even when iVMS-4200 isn't open on my iMac, I can still hear all my camera alarm sounds [how is it doing that?]. This is sometimes useful and sometimes inconvenient. For example, I'm trying to make a Quicktime screen recording on same High Sierra iMac and the camera alerts mess up the soundtrack. I'm thinking there must be a simple one button way to temporarily disable the alarms; but I haven't found it. Can anyone please point me to it? Removing the unwanted audio alerts in the edit would be an option but not where I am also recording a voiceover onto my soundtrack.

Just to clear up this red herring, I'm embarrassed to report that my iVMS-4200 alarm sounds weren't emanating from my Mac client but from the Windows client which had been left running in emulation, out of sight and out of mind.

Peace reigns - and I was able to get my editing done.

I still think that a nifty Quick Mute button for iVMS-4200 would be useful so that multi-taskers don't have to close it down to carry out video/audio editing jobs, or even listen to the latest lockdown webcast.

Back