01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My Hikvision DS-7208HUHI-K1 DVR has suddenly gone offline?

novice

I have a Hikvision DS-7208HUHI-K1 and after working fine on my mobile app for months, the CCTV has gone offline, there is an error 0x2202

I have tried everything I can do but nothing seems to work, I have called Hikvision but they won’t give me any help or advice as they said this model doesn’t come with support??

many advice please?

Hi @novice

Are you able to connect to the DVR if you browse for its IP address in Internet Explorer?

Could you please download the SADP tool and share a screenshot of what you see in the table when you run it (with the box for your DVR ticked)?

Hi Kyle

thank you for the response, I’m not 100% sure how to browse for the ip? Is there a step by step guide?

I will download the sadp tool now.

Sorry - by browse, I just mean enter the IP address in the address bar and then hit enter/search, as you would a website :)

Step 1 here shows what I mean:

Once you run SADP, it will show your NVR and the IP under the "IPv4 address" column.

Hi Kyle

I have downloaded SADP and it is just a shaded screen, number of online devices 0

i am unable to fill anything in and I have also tried inputting the URL but no page found?

Thanks - what is the other end of the ethernet cable connected to the LAN port on the DVR plugged into?

Also, are you on-site with the DVR / is the PC running SADP connected to the same router that the DVR should be connected to?

Last edited:
The Ethernet cable is connected to a tp-link range extender, the other range extender is plugged into the router.

yes I’m here now and yes the pc and dvr should be connected to the same router.

was absolutely perfect with this set up, until last week.

Are there lights on the front of the recorder?

SADP detects and shows you anything that is connected to your router, so it might be a problem with the ethernet cable, or the range extenders. It's worth trying a different cable, and also resetting both range extenders in case the connection between them has dropped, and seeing if it appears in the tool again.

Back