01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect My NVR DS-7608NXI-12/8P/S remains unlinked and offline?

VITOLIER

Lost in the woods with my NVR DS-7608NXI-12/8P/S. So far everything is fine with this brand new 7 camera installation. But incapable to get my NVR communicating with my iPhone using the Hik-Connect application. I just cannot get the recorder online. Will not bore you by listing the various steps taken to solve the problem but rather answer any questions.

Thanks for any help

Jack

It should not be complex.
We recommend that people login at www.hik-connect.com and add their NVR simply by typing-in the serial number.

If the NVR is able to 'phone home' then it should be found by the portal and show as online.

'Phoning home' should be simple plug 'n' play, as long as your NVR is connected to your LAN/router/the internet.
Do not set up any port forwarding.

Thank you Phil.

By doing so I get the message: quote: The device is offline. No search result is found. unquote.

My problem lies with the NVR not connected to the Internet despite cable NVR to rooter in place.

Jack

Is your NVR's Network Settings fully populated, with the gateway address and DNS fields completed?

Yes and alternate DNS server at 8.8.8.8.

1612867745369.png

Attachments

• 1612867551487.png
    1612867551487.png
    398.6 KB · Views: 180
For a test, try making 8.8.8.8 the Primary DNS - sometimes there can be issues with using your router.
Google's secondary DNS is 8.8.4.4
Are you confident that your gateway and NVR IP addresses are correct?
It's hard to see exactly what they are in the photo.

Are you sure that is the correct address for your router?
If you enter that in your browser's address bar do you then see your router's login page?

I was wondering about the rooter since my NVR is wired to a Netgear secondary rooter plugged into a power line connection adapter. This is necessary because my principal rooter is located in another part of the house.

Eeeek - the plot thickens :eek:

It's a process of elimination to find out whether it is configuration issues or network issues.
e.g. take the NVR to the main router and see whether you can get it online when connected there.
Or chuck-in a long temporary cable to connect it to the main router.

Powerline could be a cause of problems.

Your second router could be a cause of problems - it must be configured to NOT be a router, just a dumb switch. If you are not careful it will automatically manage the devices under it, create it's own domain range, issue IP addresses, etc.

Will try as you suggested. Need to unplug the cameras and move NVR and monitor to the other part of the house close to the principal rooter. Shall let you know outcome.

Thanks

No luck Linked to the main but router the problem persists. Followed instructions @ HIKVISION see below. Changed IPv4 Address from 192.168.1.133 to 192.168.1.121 and changed "dev.us.hik-connect.com" to " Dev.hik-connect.com" and also tried "Litedev.hik-connect.com".

"dev.us.hik-connect.com was already by default in my recorder and may apply to the US market.

Im still wandering through the woods at minus 2 degree C.

Jack

1612876361331.png

1612876866070.png

Do you have a Windows PC on your main network?
Wired to your primary router?

I use a Mac laptop and macOS Mojave, version 10.14.6 version operating system.

OK, can you please check & confirm your router's IP address:

My router IP is 192.168.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:
If your router's IP address is 192.168.1.1

In your NVR's Network Settings, please do the following:
  1. Enter what you now know to be your router's actual IP address in the field labelled IPv4 Default Gateway i.e. enter 192.168.1.1
  2. Enter a Primary DNS address of 8.8.8.8
  3. And a Secondary DNS address of 8.8.4.4
  4. Tick the box for DHCP.
  5. Then Save.

An IP address in the correct domain range should be issued by your router and appear in the box labelled IPv4 Address.

If so, then please check at hik-connect.com to see if your NVR is now online.

Last edited:
OK, I fell into your trap - I should have noticed / realised - what you shared is actually your world wide web IP address.
Where your home/router can be found on the web.
Please give me a minute to go back over the previous few posts, to remove that, and edit my instructions.
You don't really want to publish your www. address :(

Phil I did as you said.

First action:

1612891474677.png

Second action:

1612891555850.png

Still the HIKVISION device management tells me that the device offline.

Back