01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My two Besder 6024PW cameras hang/freeze?

FrankR

I have two Besder 6024PW PoE cameras. Ethernet cable plugged into Dreytek repeater and then into TP PoE switch. I can view images, say of Camera A using XMeye or any similar mobile app. However after about 6 seconds, the image freezes. Now if I switch to Camera B, the same thing happens, but then strangely if I go back to Camera A, I get the images from Camera B! could it be an IP conflict and if so, if I bind the IP address to Dreytek router would that solve the problem. Or is it something entirely different?

Thanks Frank

Hi,
I'd like to get a clear understanding of the network layout that you describe please.
Can you please sketch it on a piece of paper.
Just a rectangle for each device is fine, with a line representing any network cables between devices.
As well as the labelling the rectangle with the device type e.g. POE switch, can you please also note the model number?

Thanks for interest. I hope the attached help.

Frank

Attachments

• Besder_1.jpg
    Besder_1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Besder_2.jpg
    Besder_2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 223
Your network setup looks OK.
I can see a website for your manufacturer, but I cannot find your cameras there - BESDERSEC
Are these brand new cameras?
Have you ever set their IP address?
It's very likely that they ship with one common IP address, and to get two working on your network you'll need to change that IP address.

Their setup page only covers wireless cameras - How to Setup
I assume yours are not wireless.

They have a page for the instruction manuals, but it seems you need to access / download each one and check whether it applies to your cameras - which is barmy :eek: - here

I'd expect a utility; a basic piece of software that runs on your PC and allows you to perform some basic setup steps, such as IP addresses.
But I know from experience that some brands tie their cameras strongly to their Apps.
Is that the case with these?
Is the App that you mention their own?
In which case - does it show both cameras and provide a capability to set a unique IP address for each?

Again thanks. The cameras are Besder 6024PW-IP131 960P, Power PoE, IP address: 192.169.1.10 These are wi-fi but not wireless and are brand new. I have never set their IP addresses.

I am on a mac and I was trying to avoid mounting software using VMWare on Windows 10, which may be unavoidable. I have tried viewing cameras through browser using xmeye.net. It sees the cameras, but I cannot open as asks for password, but username is 'admin' andpassword default is null. But that does not open anything! They tell me to use CMS software for set up and to use XMeye for mobile. But XMeye is the same as icSee and others. They all look and behave the same. I have wireless bird box cameras using the same mobile software and have no issues with them at all.

They seem to claim to be ONVIF compatible, so perhaps take advantage of a 30-day trial of Security Spy for your Mac and see whether that can find the cameras. Security Spy is a longstanding good and reputable CCTV software solution for Mac users:

If so, you should be able to follow a similar routine to what Besder suggest on their instructions page for Blue Iris and other software to find and set up the cameras.

@FrankR responded by email:

I downloaded the SecuritySpy software and it is excellent.
I am happy to purchase it.
There is IOS app as well.
I have discovered that if only one camera is plugged in then all okay.
But I have a friend who understands ISPs and DNS rather better than me and he is coming to sort changing ISP of the other.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Frank

Back