01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Need advice for software to stream Axis cameras online.

Charles H.

This will be my first time installing ip cameras. I need them to be accessible online. I'm doing it as a favor for a friend of mine's business. She's got four Axis M10 cameras, two of those need sound and those two are going to be wired.. the other two are wireless. I can network them, assign ip addresses and portforward, but past that I have no idea of what software I should use.
So, any advice is greatly appreciated!

The computer at the store is an old 2.4 ghz single core running Win XP.

I guess the best solution would be the easiest and cheapest way possible to get these streaming online.

It really depends on what you wish to do with the cameras. If they will ONLY be used for live viewing, you can simply port forward the cameras and view them within a browser individually. An alternative to this (As long as they support RTSP) would be to host them on a site called click2stream.com. I have hosted one of our IP cameras on click2stream which you can view here as an example.

If you plan on recording, and managing the cameras, the most efficient (and my recommended solution) would be to use a Synology box with surveillance station (A free app for the device) and port forward the ip address of the Synology instead. I have port forwarded one of our Synology boxes which you can view online here.

The log in credentials are
username: Use-IP
password: guest

To view the cameras, navigate to the surveillance station app.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to only be streaming them but I'll need to be able to view all the cameras on one screen.

There is some software called iSPY which I believe is free. you can check out their website here. I had a quick glance over their site and it appears that they offer a solution to viewing your cameras.

I just looked on iSPY connect which i use on my pc, the Axis M10 camera is listed as a compatible camera so it should be possible to view them either with cameras and pc on the same network or with the pc at a different location. I'm doing exactly that with various ip cameras. On my pc at my house i'm viewing my foscam and android cameras which are on the same network and i'm also able to view 5 ip cameras which are at another location miles away.

Paul.

Thanks you so much! I also saw their website but didn't know if there was a better solution. Looks like I'll be giving them a try.
Thanks for all your help guys :)

My recorded videos go into my gdrive folder (it's like dropbox) which then gets sync'd to my gdrive account, so i can then view my videos on my android phone while i'm away from home.
To view live video on my phone i use tinycam monitor.

Last edited:
Bob, thank you for your advise! This one helped me as well! I also tried the click2stream.com services you recommend and am fully satisfied. Thanks, bro! :)

Back