01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Need help with DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL firmware

s0ul1984

Hey guys,

I need some help with this camera. I have few questions and hopefully someone can help me with this.

I want to update the firmware on it from V5.5.800 build 210628 that it is on to V5.7.1.211009 but it does not work. The firmware downloaded from this website: DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL does not seem to work. I do know how to update it but for some strange reasons it will not. When I upload the firmware file this is what I get. The type of upgrade file mismatches. I wonder why is there a mismatch? I live in Europe and know firmware are based on regions. I have no idea what is going on. I wonder what the (C) stands for because this page where I got the firmware from has a (C).

Any help to get firmware update is really welcome.

The other question is how come I lose 5fps on this camera.? On paper, it is saying I can get at 4k a 25FPS when camera is on 50hz. When I check the settings I can only get 20FPS. By the way the camera is not on NVR. I just installed a sd of 128gb and I am recording on that one.

Another question is how come when I want to have the camera at 1080p, the camera will crop the image vertically. I did contact hikvision but as greedy as these chinese are they said we can't help you as individual.

So if you guys can help me, that would be really nice.

Thank you
https://www.hikvision.com/en/produc...eries/ds-2cd2386g2-isu-sl/#download-agreement

Hey guys,

I need some help with this camera. I have few questions and hopefully someone can help me with this.

I want to update the firmware on it from V5.5.800 build 210628 that it is on to V5.7.1.211009 but it does not work. The firmware downloaded from this website: DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL does not seem to work. I do know how to update it but for some strange reasons it will not. When I upload the firmware file this is what I get. The type of upgrade file mismatches. I wonder why is there a mismatch? I live in Europe and know firmware are based on regions. I have no idea what is going on. I wonder what the (C) stands for because this page where I got the firmware from has a (C).

Any help to get firmware update is really welcome.

The other question is how come I lose 5fps on this camera.? On paper, it is saying I can get at 4k a 25FPS when camera is on 50hz. When I check the settings I can only get 20FPS. By the way the camera is not on NVR. I just installed a sd of 128gb and I am recording on that one.

Another question is how come when I want to have the camera at 1080p, the camera will crop the image vertically. I did contact hikvision but as greedy as these chinese are they said we can't help you as individual.

So if you guys can help me, that would be really nice.

Thank you
DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL
The (c) version is a different platform. If you're on V5.5.800 I'm fairly sure your camera is G3 platform, the version you have linked will be something else - it may well be G5, but I've not seen that firmware version elsewhere (not available on the EU or UK portal) so it could be something completely different. Either way it won't work on your camera.

You're not losing 5FPS - you never had it. Your model is the older non (c) 20FPS at 4K model (I have a couple myself)

With regard the cropping, this happens on several models, there's nothing you can do. It's just that the different number of effective pixels affect the aspect ratio I guess.

The (c) version is a different platform. If you're on V5.5.800 I'm fairly sure your camera is G3 platform, the version you have linked will be something else - it may well be G5, but I've not seen that firmware version elsewhere (not available on the EU or UK portal) so it could be something completely different. Either way it won't work on your camera.

You're not losing 5FPS - you never had it. Your model is the older non (c) 20FPS at 4K model (I have a couple myself)

With regard the cropping, this happens on several models, there's nothing you can do. It's just that the different number of effective pixels affect the aspect ratio I guess.
Thank you very much for replying.

So the C actually means newer version. I wonder where can I get the latest firmware for this one that I have? I'm in UK and I don't know where to get the normal latest firmware for my camera.

Thank you

Thank you very much for replying.

So the C actually means newer version. I wonder where can I get the latest firmware for this one that I have? I'm in UK and I don't know where to get the normal latest firmware for my camera.

Thank you
5.5.800 is the latest version currently so you're already on it.

For the latest Hikvision firmware, use the UK Portal here: HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Click through Portal > Product Firmware > Hikvision > Back Ends (for NVRs) or Front Ends (for cameras), then scroll down to G3. (I didn't link directly to the page you want as it helps if you can navigate around that site to find what you need in the future!)

I'd only trust using firmware from the UK portal as you could accidentally load something region specific elsewhere. I'm quite surprised at the jump to 5.7.1 - I'd have expected 5.6.x first. Either way, to ensure compatibility stick to downloads from the UK portal.

Last edited:
5.5.800 is the latest version currently so you're already on it.
But I am a bit confused with this firmware. I mean the 5.5.800. I searched the web a lot and went to G5 section and G3 and in both this firmware does not show my camera. In G5 it shows the one with (C) on it. On the G3 it actually did not show mine at all. In G3, I found this firmware V5.5.160 build210416 to be the latest that is for download for my camera which is without the (C).. So what I did is I downloaded this one V5.5.160 build210416 and updated my camera with it which worked. I guess I solved my problem.

But I am a bit confused with this firmware. I mean the 5.5.800. I searched the web a lot and went to G5 section and G3 and in both this firmware does not show my camera. In G5 it shows the one with (C) on it. On the G3 it actually did not show mine at all. In G3, I found this firmware V5.5.160 build210416 to be the latest that is for download for my camera which is without the (C).. So what I did is I downloaded this one V5.5.160 build210416 and updated my camera with it which worked. I guess I solved my problem.
Ok, so here is one of my DS-2CD2386G2 cameras (which I've just
noticed I've not got the latest version on) - if you look at the bottom line it shows that it's a G3 in the firmware version property box:
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 21.47.38.png

And here is the page from the UK portal for the G3 platform cameras - at the top, in the path, you can see it's suitable for G3 cameras with model numbers "2XX6G2" so that includes the 2386G2:
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 21.49.12.png

You can see that version 5.5.800 is the latest version on there for that model. The update is running on mine now....

.... and here it is following update and reboot on 5.5.800:
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 22.02.16.png

Edit: I forgot to say - 5.5.800 is important as it patches a security vulnerability that was discovered (there are details in another thread on this forum)

PS: That link to the firmware you provided also lists 5.5.800 in the preceding page. You're on the EU portal there not the UK one I linked (which is generally updated with the new firmware first)

Last edited:
Ok, so here is one of my DS-2CD2386G2 cameras (which I've just
noticed I've not got the latest version on) - if you look at the bottom line it shows that it's a G3 in the firmware version property box:
View attachment 6823

And here is the page from the UK portal for the G3 platform cameras - at the top, in the path, you can see it's suitable for G3 cameras with model numbers "2XX6G2" so that includes the 2386G2:
View attachment 6824

You can see that version 5.5.800 is the latest version on there for that model. The update is running on mine now....

.... and here it is following update and reboot on 5.5.800:
View attachment 6825

Edit: I forgot to say - 5.5.800 is important as it patches a security vulnerability that was discovered (there are details in another thread on this forum)

PS: That link to the firmware you provided also lists 5.5.800 in the preceding page. You're on the EU portal there not the UK one I linked (which is generally updated with the new firmware first)
Ahh I see. I actually was in EU. I thought EU would include UK as well. Well, thank you very much for giving me this whole update and help. Now I understood more and that's thanks to you sir. Just had my camera updated to the 5.5.800 from your advice. Ahh I had no idea the (C) would give me extra 5fps. Anyway, I got things sorted out with your help.

Wishing you all of the best.

Ahh I see. I actually was in EU. I thought EU would include UK as well. Well, thank you very much for giving me this whole update and help. Now I understood more and that's thanks to you sir. Just had my camera updated to the 5.5.800 from your advice. Ahh I had no idea the (C) would give me extra 5fps. Anyway, I got things sorted out with your help.

Wishing you all of the best.
No problem - there's a link at the top of the UK portal to jump across to the EU one and vice versa. I wasn't aware either regarding the newer 2386 (c) different specs.

No problem - there's a link at the top of the UK portal to jump across to the EU one and vice versa. I wasn't aware either regarding the newer 2386 (c) different specs.
-- Newbie on here but one of our customers has a COLORVU DS-2CD2347G2-LU any they have updated the firmware to V5.7.1 build 211009 and now do not have the linking option to bring the LED Lights on the camera in the event on motion detection or line crossing and no option to oll the Firmware upgrade back !

Back