01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Network abnormal issue - struggling here

jmh

I have 3 Hilook POE cameras, one of which is not in use (forgot the password!), and an 8-port POE NVR. I plugged one, never used camera into the NVR and just worked out of the box. The third camera (IPC-D120) is currently being recorded via the Linux ‘motion’ package and has been for a year or so now. In this setup the camera is plugged into a POE switch as is the Linux server and all works fine.

I want to plug this third camera into the NVR but am failing badly. No matter what I try the NVR just says the camera is offline due to a network abnormality. So far, jumping up and down and swearing has not helped, although it does keep people away…

The camera in question has a known password set, not the standard 12345 or whatever. It is set for DHPC and I know it is doing this so the NVR should give it an IP.

So, I plug the camera into port 3 in the NVR, enable POE to port 3 and the camera menu says connecting. I then add the camera manually specifying the known-to-work userid and password, it says connecting and then offline, network abnormality. If I connect it automatically it reports that the userid and password are incorrect, so the NVR can see the camera, it just doesn't seem to want to.

I have also tried setting the camera password to the same as the NVR password (clutching at straws now) - no difference.

What I am wary of is messing the camera up by fiddling because it works fine via ‘motion’. Any ideas?

Hi @jmh

If the camera is manually set to an NVR subnet IP address (192.168.254.xxx) and you have connected it to a manual channel/PoE port on the NVR (not a channel/port that is set to Plug & Play) then it should connect when you enter the correct user name and password.

If that isn't working the easiest solution would be to hard reset the camera and then plug it into a Plug & Play port on the NVR for it to be activated by the NVR.

Hi Dan

Thanks. I just noticed that the NVR finds the camera when connected to the house LAN and not the NVR itself - and will access the camera correctly with the known user/pass. So something isn't getting across when it is plugged into the NVR. A hard reset sounds like the answer (more reading, no idea how as yet as it does not have a reset button that I can find).

Back