01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Network Unreachable for Cameras on DS-7104NI-E1/4P NVR

Erudes

Hello everyone!

I have just inherited a Hikvision NVR which I was successfully able to reset to factory defaults, including password.
So I hooked it up to a switch in my network with subnet 10.8.150.X, the NVR gets IP parameters from DHCP according to that subnet.
Next, I have a POE camera connected to one of the POE ports directly to the NVR.
These cameras have 192.168.254.X subnet IPs, the result is "Network Unreachable" when trying to set them up.
I've read that I need to enable Virtual Host feature on the NVR through the Web GUI, unfortunately, that's the only option missing.
Latest firmware appears to be installed.
I've changed the IP of the cameras to the 10.8.150.X subnet, still same result.
Model: DS-7104NI-E1/4P

Any suggestions?

Hello everyone!

I have just inherited a Hikvision NVR which I was successfully able to reset to factory defaults, including password.
So I hooked it up to a switch in my network with subnet 10.8.150.X, the NVR gets IP parameters from DHCP according to that subnet.
Next, I have a POE camera connected to one of the POE ports directly to the NVR.
These cameras have 192.168.254.X subnet IPs, the result is "Network Unreachable" when trying to set them up.
I've read that I need to enable Virtual Host feature on the NVR through the Web GUI, unfortunately, that's the only option missing.
Latest firmware appears to be installed.
I've changed the IP of the cameras to the 10.8.150.X subnet, still same result.
Model: DS-7104NI-E1/4P

Any suggestions?
What firmware is on the NVR?

Hello, I will attach file with settings from the Web GUI:

uy.jpg

PS: I also tried to change the internal NIC Address IPv4 to be on same subnet as 10.8.150.X but it gives an error message.
This clearly cannot be changed, and cameras can only be accessed through Virtual Host feature.

Hello, I will attach file with settings from the Web GUI:

View attachment 6991

PS: I also tried to change the internal NIC Address IPv4 to be on same subnet as 10.8.150.X but it gives an error message.
This clearly cannot be changed, and cameras can only be accessed through Virtual Host feature.
The rear NVR ports are on a private subnet. Try the NVR ipaddress and port 65001 eg 10.8.150.NVR:65001

port 1 65001
port 2 65002
etc.

look at the firmware here

The rear NVR ports are on a private subnet. Try the NVR ipaddress and port 65001 eg 10.8.150.NVR:65001

port 1 65001
port 2 65002
etc.

look at the firmware here
Cannot set that same IP address, it says it's being used by the system NVR.
I downloaded firmware, put it on a formatted USB Flash Drive FAT32, and it's not being recognized by the NVR...
Things getting complicated although it shouldn't...

Cannot set that same IP address, it says it's being used by the system NVR.
I downloaded firmware, put it on a formatted USB Flash Drive FAT32, and it's not being recognized by the NVR...
Things getting complicated although it shouldn't...
Let the NVR format the USB key, may be FAT16.

How do I do that? The USB drive is not even recognized by the NVR...
Following on from my last post.
My NVR USB key is 1Gb and works on both my 7604-E and 7608-I NVR's. I think the NVR operating system is a hybrid Linux / DOS setup using a generic DOS format for the usb drive.

USB key size could be to big, do you have a smaller one?
It is a 16GB FAT32 USB drive...why would I need a smaller one?
I also created an anonymous FTP site on my windows 10 machine, but when I try to upgrade through that option it says it cannot establish the connection to the FTP server, which is accessible from all other computers on the network...
I'm running out of options here just trying to upgrade the firmware of a device....amazing...

It is a 16GB FAT32 USB drive...why would I need a smaller one?
I also created an anonymous FTP site on my windows 10 machine, but when I try to upgrade through that option it says it cannot establish the connection to the FTP server, which is accessible from all other computers on the network...
I'm running out of options here just trying to upgrade the firmware of a device....amazing...
read my post at 07:22am today.
i dont think your NVR recognises MSDOS FAT32 drives, my smaller key was formatted in the NVR and works. It’s a common problem when working with hybrid operating systems. I often see it between Linux and windows systems.

read my post at 07:22am today.
i dont think your NVR recognises MSDOS FAT32 drives, my smaller key was formatted in the NVR and works. It’s a common problem when working with hybrid operating systems. I often see it between Linux and windows systems.
I understand that, but I can't format it on the NVR as the USB is not even recognized...what section do I go to format it?

Update: I was able to upgrade firmware through web GUI, I will proceed to reset the camera's password... I really don't know what else to do, I still don't have the option to enable virtual host...

Update 2: All done, reset the password, now it works, still dont have the option to virtual host but I can work with it.

Thanks

Back