01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Network Unreachable Hikvision

malford

Hello guys need help on the following error? “Network unreachable“

DS-7608NI-E2/8P with DS-2CD2T42W-I8 and DS-2CD254FWD

No live view on NVR GUI and all cameras showing yellow warning triangle “Network Unreachable“ when I click on icon.

I have tried manual camera connection inputting password and after detection process shows “Network Unreachable“ so tried Automatic plug and play and get a password error warning ⚠️
I carried out a system reset including all parameters in the hope that the NVR would populate the passwords into each camera but I still have the same problem.

The camera IPs are all sequential and seem correct on the camera config screen

I have connected laptop to spare POE port and run SDAP and I can see all cameras along with IP details etc.... but when I try and change any settings i get “Gateway Error” pop up on SDAP?
The gateway box is empty and I’ve tried the routers address : 192.168.0.1 and get same pop up error...

I had this error several years ago on another Hikvision NVR after the power was deliberately cycled off and off in quick succession by a plumber and customer lost passwords that was fixed by requesting a reset xml file for all the cameras....

Hi @malford

My guess is that having the laptop wired to the NVR via PoE is causing problems. Try connecting your laptop to the network via WiFi or through an Ethernet port in the back of your router rather than to the NVR, and then see if the problem persists.

If it does persist, what firmware are you running on all of the devices?

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't think it was possible to interrogate the IP cameras with SDAP without plugging directly into the NVR port?
If I try SDAP using WiFi or via the router port all I get is the NVR.

Im now convinced its the camera passwords that are wrong as the owner has admitted he has lost track of what it is... I have requested a XML reset file but as these are only valid for 24hrs it will have to wait until next week.

I cross referenced my problem on your forum and came across the post below which is the exact same problem I have:

The NVR is running latest firmware V3.4.98 build171121 and the cameras firmware is also the latest version V5.5.82_Build190909

'I carried out a system reset including all parameters in the hope that the NVR would populate the passwords '
Just to clarify, you did a factory reset on the cameras or NVR?

Ah. Do the cameras have a reset button if you open the housing? I’ve had a similar issue and resolved it via that route.
Regarding SADP - Via your WiFi or router SADP won’t see the cameras if they are connected to the NVRs PoE ports. The Internal NIC of your NVR is usually on 192.168.254.1 and assigns the cameras 192.168.254.2,3,4 etc. (with plug and play) when attached to the PoE ports. The NVRs LAN port is separate and does not bridge the connection.

Should be a cakewalk if the cameras have a hard reset button, fingers crossed.

SADP scans for Hikvision devices on your Network by their unique MAC addresses, so long as the device is connected to your router's network in some way, then SADP will pick it up. @StewartM is right, it won't pick anything up that is plugged in to the NVR directly.

Also, if you're going to reset the password, make sure all the cameras are powered on and connected to your network at the same when you generate the passwords. You'll need to keep them powered on for the entire resetting process, or else the reset files you get back won't work.

Last edited:
Thanks Kyle & Stewart... I did the installers course 3 years ago and a bit rusty... :)

It was previously my own kit that I sold locally on marketplace 3 years ago and ended up offering to help configuring it for him and ended up spending 2 days installing the whole system including hdmi feeds for a drink (which never materialised)
He recently contacted me as he lost remote access using Hik-Connect so I helpfully popped around to setup remote viewing for him and found the original network cabling I installed has been modified and a POE switch installed so reconfigured network settings and got him back online and then noticed “no live view” on all ip cameras... subsequent checking via config led me to believe that the original password was still active on the cameras but the owner has mislaid the paperwork I gave him.
I also updated the firmware on the nvr which was 6 updates behind.

I have a feeling the owner has not been straight up with me in regards to previous resets and fiddling with settings :(

Not sure if the cameras have a reset button without checking and I’m reluctant to start climbing ladders and demounting on a goodwill job that’s already taken up too much of my free time.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of good will on your part!

You'll need to go through the supplier of the kit or direct to Hikvision to try and get the passwords reset.

My other thought is that the IP addresses of the cameras might have been reset while he was fiddling around with the cabling if DHCP had been been left on (see my post about DHCP in this thread). Have you checked the IP addresses of the cameras listed in the config screen match those on SADP? From your previous posts is looks like you had, just wanted to check.

One other possibility comes to mind but it comes with a few ifs. Please confirm:
  • The cameras are R6 series
  • Do you have a PoE injector?
A cursory look at release notes didn't mention restrictions on loading earlier firmware.
It might be possible to load v5.4.1 or earlier in the hopes the camera will require re-activation.
Again, Kyle's advice going with the supplier or direct to Hikvision is preferable.

Back